Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: "Yale Law School Admissions"  (Read 1688 times)

beni

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
"Yale Law School Admissions"
« on: October 16, 2007, 09:07:54 PM »
Ok, so it's only an invitation to an online chat, but hey...it's probably the last email I'll ever get from Yale.  Too bad it wasn't a fee waiver.

summerlovin

• View Profile
Re: "Yale Law School Admissions"
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2007, 09:47:56 PM »
I got the same e-mail about the online chat tomorrow.  The next time Yale contacts me will probably be to reject me, so I better enjoy this moment for a little while.  ;)

. . . . . .

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2007, 09:52:20 PM »
how do I get invited to the Yale Chat?

Mr. President Lex Luthor

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2007, 09:52:42 PM »
I do so hope someone posts excerpts!  Such things tend to be humorfilled!

ta ta.

beni

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2007, 10:28:52 PM »
how do I get invited to the Yale Chat?

It came through the LSAC referral thing, the same as fee waivers and emails from other schools.  I didn't sign up for anything.  I checked out the link they sent, though, and there's another chat scheduled for Thursday, so they certainly aren't inviting everybody at once.  There may be a link somewhere on their site.  I don't want to post it here since they may be trying to limit the number of people in each one, but it'd be worth taking a look to see if they're just open events.

. . . . . .

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2007, 12:50:18 PM »
Dammit I guess I can't get in.

beni

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2007, 01:46:27 PM »
Judging by the crowd in here right now, this looks to be a west coast thing.  Just FYI.

beni

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2007, 01:54:08 PM »
Ok, well never mind.  Some people started logging in from other parts of the country.

Pam Beesly

• Sr. Citizen
  • Oh, Jim.
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2007, 03:58:13 AM »
I was just invited this weekend to the Yale chat for today. Yale's obviously out of my league, but I'm still intrigued.

How am I supposed to participate? Just ask questions and try not to sound too dumb? What's the point of these chats? Do I get some sort of extra points for showing up and asking a good question or two? Hmm.

Kirk Lazarus

• Sr. Citizen
  • I'm a lead farmer, mofo
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2007, 07:37:49 AM »
I was just invited this weekend to the Yale chat for today. Yale's obviously out of my league, but I'm still intrigued.

How am I supposed to participate? Just ask questions and try not to sound too dumb? What's the point of these chats? Do I get some sort of extra points for showing up and asking a good question or two? Hmm.

The chat is just there to provide answers to your questions about Yale Law Admissions. The admissions process at Yale is pretty transparent, but the chats allow applicants to clarify concerns they have about Yale Law School, admissions, academic programs, etc. Don't worry about asking dumb questions - most people have the same sort of questions and it is best to get them answered.

In no way will a chat help you get in. People become real jackasses sometimes in the chats talking about themselves and their achievements and how they want to study some esoteric (read: never head of) field of law. This gunnerish behavior in a chat is not appropriate. 
YLS c/o 2009