Law School Discussion

another who will take me question

another who will take me question
« on: October 16, 2007, 07:49:39 AM »
so,i found out today (was hoping it was a bad dream) that my cum gpa is a 2.43...result of 2 years of wf's averaging with remaining all a's and b's.  ive consistently tested between 168-170 on prectice (under testing conditions)...question is what schools in t1 will seriously consider me.....appreciation in advance.

Re: another who will take me question
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2007, 07:34:32 PM »
Take the LSAT and then worry about that.

Wurd

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2007, 07:43:28 AM »
take the LSAT...practice and the real deal are quite different, at least in my case it was.  A 170 makes up for an awful lot.  I know if you'd have good work experience under your belt then a 170 should put you in the T-25

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2007, 10:45:07 AM »
take the LSAT...practice and the real deal are quite different, at least in my case it was.  A 170 makes up for an awful lot.  I know if you'd have good work experience under your belt then a 170 should put you in the T-25

True... but practice and prectice are quite different as well.  So where does that leave us?

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2007, 01:20:56 PM »
Attach an Academic Record Statement to EVERY application  (even if they don't ask for one) and simply explain your circumstances. I think you'll have a much better shot than you think (as long as your LSAT and everything else compensates.) Law schools report their medians for GPA/LSAT as opposed to averages.... so accepting the 2.4/170 as opposed to the 3.0/170 if they like the lower GPA candidate as a whole better doesn't make all that much a difference ..both GPAs will be below the 25th percentile so they'll take the better candidate GPA aside. You just have to make sure that's you!

I would look at T25s that have the lowest LSAT medians and the ones with medians below your score. You'll be an asset to them through you LSAt and perhaps enough to compensate for a lower GPA.