Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Stetson vs FIU  (Read 1149 times)

nealric

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Citizen
  • a.k.a. Miguel Sanchez
    • View Profile
Re: Stetson vs FIU
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2007, 10:42:37 PM »
Insert Quote
i go to stetson so i know stetson is a good school.  pick on where you want to live if you want to live in miami go to FIU if you want to live anywhere else in florida go to stetson.  don't think that going to a higher ranked school is going to get you a job.  how good a lawyer you are will decide how much money your going to make.  lots of jobs are obtained because of who you know and your grades.  if your high up in your class you get interviews it's up to you to make the firms like you the name of your school won't do that.

The readability of the above post calls the first assertion into serious question.

As to the advice...
I am thinking of a word.
It starts with "N" and ends with "E"

Hint: the words appears in my sig.
Georgetown Law Graduate

Chief justice Earl Warren wasn't a stripper!
Now who's being naive?

ElMismoPandejo

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2007, 10:43:16 PM »
Um, wait until you get your score?

The Florida job market is not that good.  That said, there is no better deal than UF/FSU at around 10K/year.  That degree is worth about that much.  FIU is worth much less because it may not lead to employment at all.

Miami doesn't like to give out lots of money and it is no better than UF/FSU.  Stetson has a decent reputation within a small radius, otherwise it is useless, and it also is worth much less than UF/FSU.

M55

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2007, 12:14:23 PM »
Um, wait until you get your score?

The Florida job market is not that good.  That said, there is no better deal than UF/FSU at around 10K/year.  That degree is worth about that much.  FIU is worth much less because it may not lead to employment at all.

Miami doesn't like to give out lots of money and it is no better than UF/FSU.  Stetson has a decent reputation within a small radius, otherwise it is useless, and it also is worth much less than UF/FSU.

Thank you, anyone else?

gop29403

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2007, 02:55:28 PM »
so b/c you think is a bad school?  plenty of friends are getting summer clerkships at the top firms in florida over kids that are top 10% at UF and FSU because they have great personalities are very likeable. my whole point is that you can't depend on the name of your school to get you job. my uncle is a successful attorney in atlanta and said some of the worse lawyers he knows and have gotten fired were from harvard.

Wurd

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2007, 03:27:21 PM »
so b/c you think is a bad school?  plenty of friends are getting summer clerkships at the top firms in florida over kids that are top 10% at UF and FSU because they have great personalities are very likeable. my whole point is that you can't depend on the name of your school to get you job. my uncle is a successful attorney in atlanta and said some of the worse lawyers he knows and have gotten fired were from harvard.

The problem with this statement is that it's very subjective and anecdotal. There are plenty of stats that support that a school reputation leads to a better overall opportunity.  It doesn't preclude anyone from being successful, they just are in spite of the schools reputation.

M55

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2007, 06:20:04 PM »
What about UM vs Stetson ???