Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Making The Top 100...And Then Bursting Into WILD Applause: A True Story  (Read 7070 times)

RickLax.com

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LawSchoolBlogger.com
    • Email
“I have some exciting news,” my torts professor said, beaming, as if he had just won a Golden Apple teaching award. “I just found out ten minutes ago. The Dean sent out an e-mail. Here, I’ll read it to you.” My torts professor continued:

“From 2002 to 2006, the median LSAT score for fulltime students climbed from 154 to 160. That represents an improvement from the 53rd to the 82nd percentile, one of the largest percentile increases of any law school. For years, the DePaul University College of Law has ranked in the so-called third tier, which, along with the fourth tier, contains schools in the bottom half of the ranking. This year we were ranked as one of the Top 100 schools. In fact, we jumped to the 80th position. This is perhaps the largest jump of any law school in the history of the ranking system. ”

Whenever the subject of law school rankings or DePaul’s Tier III status had come up in the past, my classmates had feigned apathy, but upon hearing that we had made the Top 100 list, they burst into WILD applause.

-Rick Lax.

P.S., Read more at LawSchoolBlogger

StudentUVA

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Making The Top 100...And Then Bursting Into WILD Applause: A True Story
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2007, 09:00:29 PM »
Uhhm new USNEWs rankings don't come out until April 2008.

Lindbergh

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2007, 01:40:49 AM »
Just ignore him. He's just trying to whore his toilet law school blog which whores his toilet book. How arrogant do you have to be to think that people care about you busting your ass to not wash out of a mediocre law school?

Hopefully, he at least washes his ass.

RickLax.com

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LawSchoolBlogger.com
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2007, 10:37:30 PM »
Not to mention this tool wasn't even enrolled in Depaul when this "happened" 2 years ago.  Not to mention the school fell 11 places the following year.  Tier III here they come...maybe by his graduation!

Uh...yes I was.  Thanks, though.

RickLax.com

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LawSchoolBlogger.com
    • Email
Uhhm new USNEWs rankings don't come out until April 2008.

fair point.  dates were changed in the post.

zdub378

• View Profile
Spam on message boards is even more annoying than spam emails.  at least spam emails you can delete and block.

negativeexternality

• emory 2011 - i can has law degree?!?!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - jbeckett72
    • View Profile
    • Email
“I have some exciting news,” my torts professor said, beaming, as if he had just won a Golden Apple teaching award. “I just found out ten minutes ago. The Dean sent out an e-mail. Here, I’ll read it to you.” My torts professor continued:

“From 2002 to 2006, the median LSAT score for fulltime students climbed from 154 to 160. That represents an improvement from the 53rd to the 82nd percentile, one of the largest percentile increases of any law school. For years, the DePaul University College of Law has ranked in the so-called third tier, which, along with the fourth tier, contains schools in the bottom half of the ranking. This year we were ranked as one of the Top 100 schools. In fact, we jumped to the 80th position. This is perhaps the largest jump of any law school in the history of the ranking system. ”

Whenever the subject of law school rankings or DePaul’s Tier III status had come up in the past, my classmates had feigned apathy, but upon hearing that we had made the Top 100 list, they burst into WILD applause.

-Rick Lax.

P.S., Read more at LawSchoolBlogger

no thanks.  if i want to read hacky, trite crap written by a huge d-bag, i'll at least read some billy collins poems or something so i can seem literary-minded.
ˇsi me gusta!: W&L ($$$), W&M ($$), ND ($$), Emory ($$$), OSU ($$), GMU, Fordham ($), some other TTTs (no, really, i hate that term)

just friends: vandy, BC, GWU

modus pwned: Michigan, UVa

WTFMAKEADECISION!!!1!: WUSTL

Dr. Balsenschaft

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Lawschoolblogger's annoying picture makes me want to hit him with a baseball bat.  Besides the stupid expression on his face, he's using a book-stand.  As a general rule, I hate people who use book-stands.