Law School Discussion

LSAC LOR setup

$Bill

• View Profile
    • Email
LSAC LOR setup
« on: October 15, 2007, 12:13:59 PM »
After you apply, are you supposed to set up your general LOR to be directed in the LSAC LOR section, or are general letters sent out with your transcript etc automatically

I am Penny Lane

• Manager of the "Get Dotlyn to go to FSU" Campaign!
    • View Profile
    • LSN - What do you think of my choices?
Re: LSAC LOR setup
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2007, 12:20:04 PM »
I think it depends on how many you have. For example, I have 6 general LORS and a few targeted. I used their system to direct mine to each school, so they got may favorite LORS regardless of whether or not they were targeted. I also used it to put them in the order I wanted them to be read on the slim chance they are actually sent that way.

Oh and if you are asking if you should add you general LOR to your targted LORS for each school... yes. If you have a targeted letter being sent to X University and that is the only one you "direct" to them, then that is the only one they will get.

I hope all of that made sense.

$Bill

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2007, 01:28:53 PM »
Hmm, what im really asking is, do they do it for you if you do nothing at all, or do i have to direct both general and directed.

I am Penny Lane

• Manager of the "Get Dotlyn to go to FSU" Campaign!
    • View Profile
    • LSN - What do you think of my choices?
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2007, 01:40:31 PM »
Hmm, what im really asking is, do they do it for you if you do nothing at all, or do i have to direct both general and directed.

I am not sure about your targeted letters. I THINK I saw that you need to direct them to make sure they go to the right school. And if you direct one letter to a school make sure you add in the general ones you want to go there.

If you have nothing but general letters, no you do not need to do anything.

$Bill

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2007, 01:44:58 PM »

I am not sure about your targeted letters. I THINK I saw that you need to direct them to make sure they go to the right school. And if you direct one letter to a school make sure you add in the general ones you want to go there.

If you have nothing but general letters, no you do not need to do anything.

mucho gracias

« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2007, 04:36:11 PM »
Your general letters are sent automatically by LSAC to law schools when they request them.  However, they'll be sent in the order they're received.  If you want to be more discriminating than that then you can override it by selecting which general letter goes where.

Good luck to us.