Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Recommendation from Professor in 2004???  (Read 1025 times)

lawness

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Recommendation from Professor in 2004???
« on: October 15, 2007, 01:24:08 PM »
I graduated school in 2004. I am now applying to law school and I have located a professor that I had in 2004 that will write me a rec. Is this worth pursuing? I am able to get recs from employers I have had since graduating. How important is it to get a rec from a past professor? Should I have 3 recs from employers only?

Thanks.

lawness

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Recommendation from Professor in 2004???
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2007, 02:21:32 PM »
That is good to hear. I was told that an academic references are a must. Are you an applicant or a student?

lawness

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2007, 02:32:51 PM »
Point well taken.

drleather2001

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2007, 11:26:24 AM »
Alternatively, I would include it along with your two best Employer recs.  Some schools prefer that you have at least one Academic rec, so I would include it unless it was really bland.  You graduated a few years back, but not long enough that you should have serious trouble getting a college rec, so its absence from your file would probably be noted 

I graduated in 2001, and got one of my old profs to do it.  I ensured he remembered me and got some substance for the rec by meeting with him and giving him a copy of my transcript and a copy of my professional resume.  I recommend you try the same.
"If Mars had life on it // I might find my wife on it!"
-Brian Wilson