Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Crimes and Misdemeanors....????  (Read 2247 times)

bert42

• View Profile
    • Email
Crimes and Misdemeanors....????
« on: September 25, 2004, 08:06:03 PM »
Ok small problem...I was under the impression that the only law related offenses that one was required to report were 'real' offenses. But while looking at the Wake Forest application it has a section to include all convictions of any type for anything other than traffic tickets. Is this for real? Do I really need to report all my speeding tickets, stop sign, red light, etc etc..I mean I have lived in the NYC area most of my life..these things are unavoidable with the cops around here. Also, I seem to remember getting a few 'summonses' back in my high school years they are really just tickets though..just a way to get some money for local govt. Nothing serious of course just the normal drinking in public..peeing in public..tresspassing...maybe a weed ticket too don't recall..anyway how would I even if I had to find out when these tickets were given to me and how much they were. I think in the early to mid 90's they were all just 50 dollar ticks but who would have such information??? I dont even think NYC keep those records for that long..they dont show up on backround checks or when i get pulled over..christ this is silly...help
paul

jayhawk

Re: Crimes and Misdemeanors....????
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2004, 08:41:29 PM »
Well if the app says you have to report 'anything but traffic tickets', you definitely don't have to include tickets for running red lights and stop signs.  However, the one for drinking in public and the weed ticket will need to be included, and you will probably have to write an addendum for them.  I am in the same situation; I got an MIP when I was 20.  I got a diversion for it, but will still have to write addendums for a couple of schools.  Another note:  I would make sure to include every offense.  If you leave something out and someone discovers this later on, it could definitely come back to haunt you.

thechoson

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2004, 08:48:04 PM »
Well if the app says you have to report 'anything but traffic tickets', you definitely don't have to include tickets for running red lights and stop signs.  However, the one for drinking in public and the weed ticket will need to be included, and you will probably have to write an addendum for them.  I am in the same situation; I got an MIP when I was 20.  I got a diversion for it, but will still have to write addendums for a couple of schools.  Another note:  I would make sure to include every offense.  If you leave something out and someone discovers this later on, it could definitely come back to haunt you.

What is MIP? Masturbating in public?

jayhawk

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2004, 08:50:42 PM »

Yeah, for some reason you're not allowed to do that.  Maybe because it was outside of a grade school.......

M2

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2004, 09:02:28 PM »
Does traffic tickets include speeding tickets?

I hope the answer is yes...

bert42

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2004, 09:05:11 PM »
Thanks actually it says to include all convictions except parking tickets..so I think those go in too... :-\ I guess it will make for an interesting addendum..and I just forgot about a smoking on the OUTDOOR platform of the 9th street F-Train I got a few years ago...I still have no idea how I would find all the specifics out though.t

bert42

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2004, 09:07:27 PM »
Pretty much we have learned that I during mostly high school actually smoked drank and got into a lot of stupid little trouble..nothing I ever thought was anything I would come across again. Especially not now that I am 26.

BAFF213

« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2004, 10:32:41 PM »
MIP = minor in possession (I have one of these as well)

NeverForever

« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2004, 10:39:55 PM »
Yeah I got a speeding ticket this summer, 2 points 80 dollar fine. Not a big deal. But I guess I have to report it... but what are you supposed to say in the addendum?

"I was speeding and I got caught... oops."

M2

« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2004, 10:51:35 PM »
I havent encountered any apps that ask about speeding tickets...which ones have everyone discovered