Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Help! School choices, what fits?  (Read 626 times)

Specks

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Help! School choices, what fits?
« on: October 15, 2007, 12:39:46 AM »
It's getting to crunch time and I've got nothing. I've done a crap load of research, read a million threads and I just feel like all of the info is buzzing around in my head with no focus. Plus, there's also the issue of law schools fudging data and really, what ranking can you trust?

I'm having a really hard time picking law schools to apply to and that's why I cam to you guys. You're more or less the most critical experts I know so it'd be great if you could let me know what you think.

My UGPA is a 3.5 with an LSAT of 160 and I'm based in California. I also don't mind travel if the law school is worth it.

Main interest is in international law, property law and maybe real estate. Biggest concern is getting a job coming out of law school and having a salary that won't cripple me with debt.

I've thought about applying to Loyola, Ca, San Diego U, Arizona U, UC Davis, Hastings, and Cal Western. What do you guys think of these schools? Any suggestions on additional schools? Other perspectives would be really really helpful right now as I am totally panicking.

Thanks!

Specks

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Help! School choices, what fits?
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2007, 02:51:25 AM »
I actually did that I'm actually waiting back on the score. I scored high 150's and then I'm expecting low 160's for this second one. Which is why I listed 160. It's probably more like 160-163.

billymahogany

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2007, 05:01:04 AM »
Wait until you get your score and then ask.  A "high" 150's and an unknown does not mean you have a 160. 
In:  UF, Tulane, FSU($), Miami($$$), Stetson, Oregon($)
Out: Washington and Lee
W/L: Arizona
Decision: UF c/o 2011!

Matthew

• Sr. Citizen
  • Formerly known as /\_-=-M-=-_/\
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2007, 05:27:43 AM »
Wait until you get your score and then ask.  A "high" 150's and an unknown does not mean you have a 160. 

That wasn't very nice.

Perhaps bluntly stated, but hey, the truth hurts.
Cycle finally finished!

170/3.82
Accepted: Michigan($$), UCLA, Virginia($$), Duke($$), Georgetown, Vanderbilt($$$), Notre Dame($$$), William & Mary($$$)
Deferred: Northwestern
Waitlisted: Penn ($$)
Rejected: Yale, Harvard, Stanford, Columbia, NYU, Chicago

Specks

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2007, 03:34:34 PM »
I've been doing a lot of practice exams and in most of them I've been scoring a solid 163 so I'm actually being incredibly conservative when I say 160 if that helps.