Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: How Ruskie got into Boalt with a sub-160 and what she's learned from it  (Read 42927 times)

Smokey

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: How Ruskie got into Boalt with a sub-160 and what she's learned from it
« Reply #150 on: October 25, 2007, 12:48:54 PM »
Credited, and also, anyone who thinks Ruskie's OP in this thread is helpful is a moron.
Ruskie's OP was helpful. Your posts, however, are useless.

Wha?  Sorry, but attacking John Galt is really baseless.  He's one of the smartest and most helpful posters on this board.  Not to be a grovelling sycophant, but I've never seen him post anything that wasn't fair and accurate.  He has helped more applicants and given more advice than the vast majority of people on this board.  As a matter of fact this is one of the first times I've seen him say anything negative about anyone.  Be fair.

Attacking anyone on LSD is pretty baseless. To tell you the truth, I'm not even sure what Galt's beef with me is. Whatever it may be, it's so old that I don't remember or care. Wonder why anyone else does.

Not to start another flame war, but this is pretty hypocritical, coming from you.  You have never shied away from personal attacks in the past, and even recently I've seen you say some pretty nasty things on LSD.  I don't think John Galt has a beef with you.  As I said, he's one of the few very mature and reasonable posters on this site and generally stays out of these sorts of altercations.  I think he just finds this thread to be self-serving and somewhat annoying.

I think you make these sorts of threads because you enjoy the attention, which is fine, but your affectations of not knowing why people treat you the way they do are... tired.  You know that your admission to Boalt was contentious to many people, you know that there is a group of vocal people who vehemently dislike you, and you know what reactions all of your previous posts have elicited.  If I made a thread entitled "In this thread Blue Smoke tells everyone why she got into Harvard" I know I would receive a number of personal and AA-related attacks.  People would rightfully call me arrogant and attention hungry.

You have been replying to this thread for days, which makes me think that you don't really want it to go away.  

Smokey

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: October 25, 2007, 12:53:44 PM »
2. I like oatmeal. Always have. One day I came from daycare and cautiously informed my mom that they were feeding us "berculyoz" at daycare, but it was so delicious that I couldn't resist, even though I knew it was bad for me.
Blech! Oatmeal. Ugh. I ate this stuff 2-3 meals a day for almost 2 years, because it was so easy to pack and carry, and expanded nicely into a nutritious meal. A lot of the refugee kids I know (self included) hate this glop.

I was thinking about writing a DS about my hatred for oatmeal, but I reconsidered.

Attacking anyone on LSD is pretty baseless. To tell you the truth, I'm not even sure what Galt's beef with me is. Whatever it may be, it's so old that I don't remember or care. Wonder why anyone else does.
Dood. Seriously - I want to know what you did to all of these kids. Some of your xoxo stuff is really annoying, I will admit, but you must have done something pretty awful to provoke this tidal wave of anger. What's the deal?

Eh she's annoying and not a nice person in general.  I've been annoying and bitchy in the past too I'm not going to front, but I've realized the error of my ways and tried to change.  I don't think she's capable of any sort of introspection.

SuicideNixon

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: October 25, 2007, 12:54:14 PM »
The fact that Ruskie has decided to reveal so much of her personal life on the internet is disturbing to say the least. It  feels like she wants to be a celebrity.
When a President does it, that means that it is not illegal. -Richard Nixon

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?cycle=0405&user=SuicideNixon

LittleRussianPrincess, Esq.

• Sr. Citizen
  • Hopelessly devoted...to the Tennessee Vols!
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: October 25, 2007, 12:56:06 PM »
There are people who find my posts here helpful. There's a thread with a thousand or so posts and several thousand views that confirms that. I am here to help those people, not to engage trolls. I feel no desire or obligation to make every single poster here like me; I just want to be available for those who find what I have to say helpful.
Russian by birth, Southern by the grace of God.

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: October 25, 2007, 12:57:14 PM »
The fact that Ruskie has decided to reveal so much of her personal life on the internet is disturbing to say the least. It  feels like she wants to be a celebrity.

What person between the ages of 12 and 30 doesn't reveal much of their personal life on the internet? Ever seen facebook, xanga, friendster, myspace?

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: October 25, 2007, 12:59:18 PM »
2. I like oatmeal. Always have. One day I came from daycare and cautiously informed my mom that they were feeding us "berculyoz" at daycare, but it was so delicious that I couldn't resist, even though I knew it was bad for me.
Blech! Oatmeal. Ugh. I ate this stuff 2-3 meals a day for almost 2 years, because it was so easy to pack and carry, and expanded nicely into a nutritious meal. A lot of the refugee kids I know (self included) hate this glop.

I was thinking about writing a DS about my hatred for oatmeal, but I reconsidered.

Dood. Seriously - I want to know what you did to all of these kids. Some of your xoxo stuff is really annoying, I will admit, but you must have done something pretty awful to provoke this tidal wave of anger. What's the deal?
Not really. Just defended myself to xoxo'ers who flamed me, which I probably shouldn't have done. Oh, and once I posted a thread about having a 24 inch waist and Smokey and her xoxo friend got really bent out of shape about it.

SuicideNixon

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: October 25, 2007, 01:02:26 PM »

What person between the ages of 12 and 30 doesn't reveal much of their personal life on the internet? Ever seen facebook, xanga, friendster, myspace?

Me, for example. It's nobody's business what I do and I keep it that way. I am deeply suspicious of people who want to be known by those they have never met. That's not to say I am not engaged in the internet. I have been posting here for at least three years and no one knows the first thing about me other than a few details. The same is true on other sites I use--facebook, other forums.
When a President does it, that means that it is not illegal. -Richard Nixon

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?cycle=0405&user=SuicideNixon

Smokey

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: October 25, 2007, 01:04:56 PM »

Not really. Just defended myself to xoxo'ers who flamed me, which I probably shouldn't have done. Oh, and once I posted a thread about having a 24 inch waist and Smokey and her xoxo friend got really bent out of shape about it.

Your worst trait is your need to bring down other women to feel good about yourself.  I didn't even remember that thread you made about the Russian girl at your school, but it's indicative of your personality.  I could find tons of threads that you created to attack other women and their looks for no reason at all.  Celebrities, girls you found on myspace and your classmates of course.  It's unfortunate when a woman hates herself so much that she can't feel confident unless she's bringing other women down.  Please just don't pretend that you were an innocent victim.  I would never have said anything about your looks were you not so intent on attacking others.

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: October 25, 2007, 01:05:14 PM »

Me, for example. It's nobody's business what I do and I keep it that way. I am deeply suspicious of people who want to be known by those they have never met. That's not to say I am not engaged in the internet. I have been posting here for at least three years and no one knows the first thing about me other than a few details. The same is true on other sites I use--facebook, other forums.

To each his own, but you must admit that you are the exception rather than the rule.

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: October 25, 2007, 01:08:27 PM »

Your worst trait is your need to bring down other women to feel good about yourself.  I didn't even remember that thread you made about the Russian girl at your school, but it's indicative of your personality.  I could find tons of threads that you created to attack other women and their looks for no reason at all.  Celebrities, girls you found on myspace and your classmates of course.  It's unfortunate when a woman hates herself so much that she can't feel confident unless she's bringing other women down.  Please just don't pretend that you were an innocent victim.  I would never have said anything about your looks were you not so intent on attacking others.

I challenge you to find threads where I bash celebrities (other than for annoying non-physical traits or the occasional bad outfit), my classmates or myspace girls. Of course, you'll respond by saying you don't have time to look for them but anyone can validate their existence. A fine tactic when you can't back up what you say!

If I recall correctly, you were the one who struck the first blow by accusing me of having sex with a poster I've never even met.