Law School Discussion

How Ruskie got into Boalt with a sub-160 and what she's learned from it

LittleRussianPrincess, Esq.

• Hopelessly devoted...to the Tennessee Vols!
    • View Profile
Re: How Ruskie got into Boalt with a sub-160 and what she's learned from it
« Reply #140 on: October 25, 2007, 10:37:43 AM »
Credited, and also, anyone who thinks Ruskie's OP in this thread is helpful is a moron.
Ruskie's OP was helpful. Your posts, however, are useless.

Wha?  Sorry, but attacking John Galt is really baseless.  He's one of the smartest and most helpful posters on this board.  Not to be a grovelling sycophant, but I've never seen him post anything that wasn't fair and accurate.  He has helped more applicants and given more advice than the vast majority of people on this board.  As a matter of fact this is one of the first times I've seen him say anything negative about anyone.  Be fair.

Attacking anyone on LSD is pretty baseless. To tell you the truth, I'm not even sure what Galt's beef with me is. Whatever it may be, it's so old that I don't remember or care. Wonder why anyone else does.

BearlyLegal

• And the greatest threat to America is... Bears!!!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Newjoetm
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #141 on: October 25, 2007, 10:41:12 AM »
2. I like oatmeal. Always have. One day I came from daycare and cautiously informed my mom that they were feeding us "berculyoz" at daycare, but it was so delicious that I couldn't resist, even though I knew it was bad for me.
Blech! Oatmeal. Ugh. I ate this stuff 2-3 meals a day for almost 2 years, because it was so easy to pack and carry, and expanded nicely into a nutritious meal. A lot of the refugee kids I know (self included) hate this glop.

I was thinking about writing a DS about my hatred for oatmeal, but I reconsidered.

Attacking anyone on LSD is pretty baseless. To tell you the truth, I'm not even sure what Galt's beef with me is. Whatever it may be, it's so old that I don't remember or care. Wonder why anyone else does.
Dood. Seriously - I want to know what you did to all of these kids. Some of your xoxo stuff is really annoying, I will admit, but you must have done something pretty awful to provoke this tidal wave of anger. What's the deal?

• View Profile
« Reply #142 on: October 25, 2007, 10:47:55 AM »
2. I like oatmeal. Always have. One day I came from daycare and cautiously informed my mom that they were feeding us "berculyoz" at daycare, but it was so delicious that I couldn't resist, even though I knew it was bad for me.
Blech! Oatmeal. Ugh. I ate this stuff 2-3 meals a day for almost 2 years, because it was so easy to pack and carry, and expanded nicely into a nutritious meal. A lot of the refugee kids I know (self included) hate this glop.

I was thinking about writing a DS about my hatred for oatmeal, but I reconsidered.

Dood. Seriously - I want to know what you did to all of these kids. Some of your xoxo stuff is really annoying, I will admit, but you must have done something to provoke this tidal wave of anger. What's the deal?

for me it was macaroni. just plain macaroni. on occasion my mom would make that macaroni and milk soup. usually just plain boiled macaroni. if we were lucky, with butter and salt.

that and black bread and kefir. my mom would give me 20 kopecks a day for prodlenka, and that's all i could afford.

Smokey

• View Profile
« Reply #143 on: October 25, 2007, 10:48:54 AM »
Credited, and also, anyone who thinks Ruskie's OP in this thread is helpful is a moron.
Ruskie's OP was helpful. Your posts, however, are useless.

Wha?  Sorry, but attacking John Galt is really baseless.  He's one of the smartest and most helpful posters on this board.  Not to be a grovelling sycophant, but I've never seen him post anything that wasn't fair and accurate.  He has helped more applicants and given more advice than the vast majority of people on this board.  As a matter of fact this is one of the first times I've seen him say anything negative about anyone.  Be fair.

Not to start another flame war, but this is pretty hypocritical, coming from you.  You have never shied away from personal attacks in the past, and even recently I've seen you say some pretty nasty things on LSD.  I don't think John Galt has a beef with you.  As I said, he's one of the few very mature and reasonable posters on this site and generally stays out of these sorts of altercations.  I think he just finds this thread to be self-serving and somewhat annoying.

I think you make these sorts of threads because you enjoy the attention, which is fine, but your affectations of not knowing why people treat you the way they do are... tired.  You know that your admission to Boalt was contentious to many people, you know that there is a group of vocal people who vehemently dislike you, and you know what reactions all of your previous posts have elicited.  If I made a thread entitled "In this thread Blue Smoke tells everyone why she got into Harvard" I know I would receive a number of personal and AA-related attacks.  People would rightfully call me arrogant and attention hungry.

You have been replying to this thread for days, which makes me think that you don't really want it to go away.  

Smokey

• View Profile
« Reply #144 on: October 25, 2007, 10:53:44 AM »

Dood. Seriously - I want to know what you did to all of these kids. Some of your xoxo stuff is really annoying, I will admit, but you must have done something pretty awful to provoke this tidal wave of anger. What's the deal?

Eh she's annoying and not a nice person in general.  I've been annoying and bitchy in the past too I'm not going to front, but I've realized the error of my ways and tried to change.  I don't think she's capable of any sort of introspection.

« Reply #145 on: October 25, 2007, 10:54:14 AM »
The fact that Ruskie has decided to reveal so much of her personal life on the internet is disturbing to say the least. It  feels like she wants to be a celebrity.

• View Profile
« Reply #146 on: October 25, 2007, 10:56:06 AM »
There are people who find my posts here helpful. There's a thread with a thousand or so posts and several thousand views that confirms that. I am here to help those people, not to engage trolls. I feel no desire or obligation to make every single poster here like me; I just want to be available for those who find what I have to say helpful.

• View Profile
« Reply #147 on: October 25, 2007, 10:57:14 AM »
The fact that Ruskie has decided to reveal so much of her personal life on the internet is disturbing to say the least. It  feels like she wants to be a celebrity.

What person between the ages of 12 and 30 doesn't reveal much of their personal life on the internet? Ever seen facebook, xanga, friendster, myspace?

• View Profile
« Reply #148 on: October 25, 2007, 10:59:18 AM »

Not really. Just defended myself to xoxo'ers who flamed me, which I probably shouldn't have done. Oh, and once I posted a thread about having a 24 inch waist and Smokey and her xoxo friend got really bent out of shape about it.

« Reply #149 on: October 25, 2007, 11:02:26 AM »

What person between the ages of 12 and 30 doesn't reveal much of their personal life on the internet? Ever seen facebook, xanga, friendster, myspace?

Me, for example. It's nobody's business what I do and I keep it that way. I am deeply suspicious of people who want to be known by those they have never met. That's not to say I am not engaged in the internet. I have been posting here for at least three years and no one knows the first thing about me other than a few details. The same is true on other sites I use--facebook, other forums.