Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: How Ruskie got into Boalt with a sub-160 and what she's learned from it  (Read 42773 times)

BearlyLegal

• LSD Obsessed
  • And the greatest threat to America is... Bears!!!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Newjoetm
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: How Ruskie got into Boalt with a sub-160 and what she's learned from it
« Reply #110 on: October 24, 2007, 11:35:57 PM »
1) Well the overall problem is of course that you have no idea what you're talking about.  You admittedly say that you really know nothing about ruskie, yet somehow you know the motives of people attacking her. (fwiw, I'm not a ruskie attacker or defender - I don't really know anything about her outside this thread)
Yeah, when I posted this, I did not know why people were attacking her. All I had to go off of was this wonderful statement:
You only got into Boalt because you lied about having a rough childhood (when in reality you came to the US when you were a child and your mother married a rich man).
Do you mean to tell me that this statement does not reek of jealous resentment for her acceptance into Boalt?

Edit: Also, do you see how this statement could be extremely offensive to a kid who DID escape poverty in the former USSR? Yeah - This upset me a lot.

2) You're also missing the point - the attacks had nothing to do with ruskie getting into Boalt, and everything to do with her behavior on these sites.
Please see the above point. At least *some* of those attacks were clearly motivated by resentment for her boalt acceptance.

I didn't know about her xoxo history, and honestly, I still don't care about it. Her OP was helpful - why attack her here?

3) Most, if not all, of the attackers are at T14s.  And mostly better schools than Boalt.  So the jealousy/insecurity thing is especially stupid.
How do you know this? I will freely admit that I accept dashrashi's identity as an HLS student, because at the very least she has a believable LSN account, and has admitted that although her numbers are incredible, boalt dinged her. She has that credibility.

My qualm was chiefly with WannaBeMyLover - a troll account apparently created for the sole purpose of harrasing LBJD. I have seen no evidence that he is a T14 student, and his vocabulary, grammar and reasoning ability put his unsupported claim into question.

4) The queer thing of course, but you already said you were tired, so that's understandable.  :-\
No it's not. I screwed up. I shouldn't have said this. This is the one thing I said that has no justification. All I can do for this is apologize, and refrain from saying it again.

5) And you boil down the complicated argument about AA to jealousy, as if there are no other reasons for opposing AA.
There are plenty of great arguments for rejecting AA. Hell, one of the reasons I like Boalt so much is because UC rejects AA standards.

That said, my comment referred specifically to insecure "people" who whine about AA. It's one thing to present a legitimate, well-reasoned argument as to why AA is an unjust and inequitable system of student selection, as Lindbergh did earlier in this thread...

...It's entirely different when people who had no shot of getting into an LS anyway spend all their days complaining about how some black kid took their spot, like what happens on the BLSD forum all the time.

I was referring to the latter instance of AA discussion, not the former. I apologize if my OP lacked the necessary nuance to express *exactly* what I meant, but as I mentioned, I was exhausted when I posted my OP. I had been at work for more than 24 hours straight, and was annoyed that people were attacking someone who posted an OP that was very helpful to me for apparently no reason.

I'm sure there are others, but you get the point.
I doubt there are others, but hey, this is a pre-law discussion forum. If I didn't want to get into discussion with overly argumentative people, I wouldn't be here.

BearlyLegal

• LSD Obsessed
  • And the greatest threat to America is... Bears!!!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Newjoetm
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #111 on: October 25, 2007, 12:31:26 AM »
That post must have taken a while.  I admire your pluck.  ;)
  ;D ;D ;D

Scribner

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #112 on: October 25, 2007, 02:09:26 AM »
I always thought your IQ was pretty static, but from what youre saying if I scored 150 on my diagnostic Im not very smart but if I then took a class and prepped for a few months and got a 165 on the LSAT my IQ has gone up a lot. Cool I can get smarter just by taking practice exams! Anyone can be a genius all it takes is prepping for a standardized exam! That does not make a lot of sense to me, I guess my IQ must be too low to comprehend how it works.

IQ is static, idiot. Because everyone studies for the test so much now, your results after preparation are static.

lackofabetteridea

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: October 25, 2007, 02:53:10 AM »
Woo misunderstood nuance!  Woo gross generalization!  Woo illogical leaps!  Woo unfounded conclusions! 

::abstracts atrociously::

LittleRussianPrincess, Esq.

• Sr. Citizen
  • Hopelessly devoted...to the Tennessee Vols!
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: October 25, 2007, 02:55:22 AM »
Done. TY.  ;D

It was pretty good, and makes me think that if I get super-duper lucky, I have a shot.

Did you have a DS to go with this? Also, were you admitted directly, or waitlisted?

Edit: Also, my current PS is 2 pages long, exactly, but I am happy with how succinct it is. I heard from a disreputable source that Ed Tom has a serious preference for longer PS's. Do you believe this is true, and would you suggest expanding my PS to suit Berkeley's 4-page maximum.

No DS. I was admitted directly. No idea about Ed Tom's preference for longer PS's.
Russian by birth, Southern by the grace of God.

LittleRussianPrincess, Esq.

• Sr. Citizen
  • Hopelessly devoted...to the Tennessee Vols!
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: October 25, 2007, 03:07:22 AM »
re those posts:

1. never had any intention of sleeping with taken dude. made that clear in the post. finding someone desirable and acting on it are two different things. i don't sleep with people i'm not seriously dating. ever.

2. caeron diaz reference came from a comment i made on a boalt blog about her looking uncharacteristically bad at the golden globes. i never said i looked better.

3. re the girl from berkeley - fwiw, it wasn't someone i knew, she was an undergrad, i wasn't at all malicious in that i did truly find something totally alluring about her, and this was long before the t14 beauty contest so i wasn't aware of how far things could go on the site. in any case, i immediately regreted posting her pic and took it down the same day, within the hour.
Russian by birth, Southern by the grace of God.

WannaBeMyLover

• View Profile
« Reply #116 on: October 25, 2007, 07:21:28 AM »
1) Well the overall problem is of course that you have no idea what you're talking about.  You admittedly say that you really know nothing about ruskie, yet somehow you know the motives of people attacking her. (fwiw, I'm not a ruskie attacker or defender - I don't really know anything about her outside this thread)
Yeah, when I posted this, I did not know why people were attacking her. All I had to go off of was this wonderful statement:
You only got into Boalt because you lied about having a rough childhood (when in reality you came to the US when you were a child and your mother married a rich man).
Do you mean to tell me that this statement does not reek of jealous resentment for her acceptance into Boalt?

Edit: Also, do you see how this statement could be extremely offensive to a kid who DID escape poverty in the former USSR? Yeah - This upset me a lot.

2) You're also missing the point - the attacks had nothing to do with ruskie getting into Boalt, and everything to do with her behavior on these sites.
Please see the above point. At least *some* of those attacks were clearly motivated by resentment for her boalt acceptance.

I didn't know about her xoxo history, and honestly, I still don't care about it. Her OP was helpful - why attack her here?

3) Most, if not all, of the attackers are at T14s.  And mostly better schools than Boalt.  So the jealousy/insecurity thing is especially stupid.
How do you know this? I will freely admit that I accept dashrashi's identity as an HLS student, because at the very least she has a believable LSN account, and has admitted that although her numbers are incredible, boalt dinged her. She has that credibility.

My qualm was chiefly with WannaBeMyLover - a troll account apparently created for the sole purpose of harrasing LBJD. I have seen no evidence that he is a T14 student, and his vocabulary, grammar and reasoning ability put his unsupported claim into question.

4) The queer thing of course, but you already said you were tired, so that's understandable.  :-\
No it's not. I screwed up. I shouldn't have said this. This is the one thing I said that has no justification. All I can do for this is apologize, and refrain from saying it again.

5) And you boil down the complicated argument about AA to jealousy, as if there are no other reasons for opposing AA.
There are plenty of great arguments for rejecting AA. Hell, one of the reasons I like Boalt so much is because UC rejects AA standards.

That said, my comment referred specifically to insecure "people" who whine about AA. It's one thing to present a legitimate, well-reasoned argument as to why AA is an unjust and inequitable system of student selection, as Lindbergh did earlier in this thread...

...It's entirely different when people who had no shot of getting into an LS anyway spend all their days complaining about how some black kid took their spot, like what happens on the BLSD forum all the time.

I was referring to the latter instance of AA discussion, not the former. I apologize if my OP lacked the necessary nuance to express *exactly* what I meant, but as I mentioned, I was exhausted when I posted my OP. I had been at work for more than 24 hours straight, and was annoyed that people were attacking someone who posted an OP that was very helpful to me for apparently no reason.

I'm sure there are others, but you get the point.
I doubt there are others, but hey, this is a pre-law discussion forum. If I didn't want to get into discussion with overly argumentative people, I wouldn't be here.

Several posters have pointed out your flaws in reasoning, you contionuously misuse simple words and you are completely incapable of analyzing information.  You are in no position to determine what school another poster attends.

EDIT:You shouldn't have been offended when I said ruskie made up a sob story about life in Russia.  As someone who actually suffered, you should be offended too.  She attempts to exploit the poor immigrant angle yet she constantly contradicted this on xoxohth, even going so far to argue that since her father spent a lot of money on her, he clearlyloves her.  ::)

http://cccp-drinking-tea-eating-lemon-cake-talking-fashion-amp-taki.autoadmit.com/thread.php?thread_id=309246&mc=110&forum_id=2#4425822

WannaBeMyLover

• View Profile
« Reply #117 on: October 25, 2007, 07:27:49 AM »
re those posts:

1. never had any intention of sleeping with taken dude. made that clear in the post. finding someone desirable and acting on it are two different things. i don't sleep with people i'm not seriously dating. ever.

2. caeron diaz reference came from a comment i made on a boalt blog about her looking uncharacteristically bad at the golden globes. i never said i looked better.

3. re the girl from berkeley - fwiw, it wasn't someone i knew, she was an undergrad, i wasn't at all malicious in that i did truly find something totally alluring about her, and this was long before the t14 beauty contest so i wasn't aware of how far things could go on the site. in any case, i immediately regreted posting her pic and took it down the same day, within the hour.

You said you fooled around with a taken man.  If you didn't intend to sleep with him, what did your thread title mean?  Even BearlyLegal said that this thread reeks of insecurity.  How would you feel if you had a boyfriend and a drunk woman with loose morals made out with him?

Date: November 16th, 2005 11:25 PM
Author: I *heart* shoes

i wouldn't. i am not serious about him. i don't want a relationship. but we've had this connection for a while. i know this is bad. i still regret making out with him. i am so bad. *&^%.

http://drunk-possibly-becoming-quot-the-other-woman-quot-taking-qs.autoadmit.com/thread.php?thread_id=300223&mc=271&forum_id=2

We know that you didn't know the girl who's picture you posted.  Try reading.  That exactly is what's so creepy - that you would dig up pictures of a girl that you don't know, out of jealousy, and post them on a messageboard in a poorly veiled attempt to bash her:

Date: January 16th, 2006 12:05 AM
Author: I *heart* shoes

is it just me or is she un-hot, but really sexy?
http://rate-this-russian-chick-from-berkeley.autoadmit.com/thread.php?thread_id=340313&mc=122&forum_id=2#4828661

Who would dig up pictures of a stranger, go through the effort of posting them on a vicious board and make this sort of comment? You have some apparent self-esteem issues. 

ě

• Sr. Citizen
  • non sequitur
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: October 25, 2007, 07:54:12 AM »
This thread has turned crap lately I see :/ Let the poor girl make out with whoever she wants without her having to justify it. Posting a pic, not that big of a deal either tbh.

WannaBeMyLover

• View Profile
« Reply #119 on: October 25, 2007, 07:57:13 AM »
Hi, kettle.

I'm definitely a troll.  But I don't start threads amount myself in an attempt to receive attention and affirmation.  I also don't play the "everyone who bashes me is jealous" card.