Law School Discussion

"List all your Honors..."

Re: "List all your Honors..."
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2007, 09:54:05 PM »
I'm glad I'm not the only one who hasn't cured cancer or been a Rhodes scholar. I don't even have any Dean's lists - I've either been under the required amount of credits when my GPA was good enough, or I've been just consistently average with my grades. Wow, I suck.

Tetris

• Michigan Rocks
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2007, 11:14:16 PM »
I'm glad I'm not the only one who hasn't cured cancer or been a Rhodes scholar. I don't even have any Dean's lists - I've either been under the required amount of credits when my GPA was good enough, or I've been just consistently average with my grades. Wow, I suck.

Well how about I do something to make everybody's day then.  I insist. 

I would like to announce the Tetris Honor for Excellence in Legal Aptitude.  In order to qualify for THELA one must meet the following three criteria:

(1) Considering law school.
(2) At least 1 post on LSD.
(3) Has less than 3 achievements to put on their application.

Knock yourselves out ;)

« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2007, 06:13:38 AM »
I've only made the dean's list one semester. Should I still list that? It looks so pitiful...

« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2007, 06:32:00 AM »
On some of my apps, I put nothing--straight-up two dashes. On some of the others, I (in a panic) put down that I was a National Merit Scholar, even though I only got money for freshman year. My school didn't even have Dean's list (that I know of). It didn't matter in the slightest, I don't think.

Yale College Inferno

• New daily nonstop to Hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2007, 06:44:16 AM »
I've got a handful of scholarships, a research grant, PBK, and a few lame academic achievement awards that didn't come with any money (I'm one 10 or so students in my class to receive a "da Vinci award"), and dean's list with distinction most semesters, and "highest academic distinction" 2/4 years. Plus I declined a pretty impressive fellowship. I'm hoping this all looks more impressive than it really is.

OP, don't be discouraged. To have as many honors to list as Social Justice does (which is impressive, despite his/her attempt to sound dismissive about it) is the exception and not the rule.

dpwc

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2007, 08:34:55 PM »
On some of my apps, I put nothing--straight-up two dashes. On some of the others, I (in a panic) put down that I was a National Merit Scholar, even though I only got money for freshman year. My school didn't even have Dean's list (that I know of). It didn't matter in the slightest, I don't think.

i'd trade every one of my honors for your 176/3.71

« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2007, 10:20:42 AM »
Wow, I suck.
lol. Me too, though I did get Dean's List last spring at my sub-par state university. Yay me!

I was in the junior National Honor Society in high school 15 years ago. Maybe I should mention that.

Yeah, I was a much more distinguished "scholar" back in high school. I think the only thing more pathetic than my list of "achievements" will be my resume!  :-\

« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2007, 10:52:43 AM »
On some of my apps, I put nothing--straight-up two dashes.
Here I thought I was the only applicant w/ absolutely no honors.
It looks so empty on all my applications.

« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2007, 05:25:39 PM »
No summer jobs? I guess that's technically a deficiency, but easily made up for with part time stuff and/or extracurrics. (IMO.)

iLukeisamazing

• Go Noles!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2007, 05:37:27 PM »
No summer jobs? I guess that's technically a deficiency, but easily made up for with part time stuff and/or extracurrics. (IMO.)

True.

Should we list all our summer jobs on the resume? I didn't.