Law School Discussion

"List all your Honors..."

Tetris

• Michigan Rocks
    • View Profile
    • LSN
"List all your Honors..."
« on: October 14, 2007, 12:20:56 PM »
What is everyone putting in that slot for listing all of your honors and recognitions?  All I have is a few semesters of Dean's List and I'm hoping I'm not the only one... what else are people putting in there?  Maybe there's some stuff I'm not thinking of...

ManTGeo

• HLS 2012!
    • View Profile
Re: "List all your Honors..."
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2007, 12:41:37 PM »
What is everyone putting in that slot for listing all of your honors and recognitions?  All I have is a few semesters of Dean's List and I'm hoping I'm not the only one... what else are people putting in there?  Maybe there's some stuff I'm not thinking of...

You're not alone.

viv

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2007, 01:10:05 PM »
Do you have any merit scholarships?

Tetris

• Michigan Rocks
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2007, 01:43:00 PM »
Do you have any merit scholarships?

I received one my first year for a high ACT score and lost it after that b/c my GPA fell below 3.5.  Should I add that?  Damn, I should've applied to more scholarships.

Honestly, this is all just fluff anyway, isn't it?  I got a letter to join the "Golden Key Honour Society" for $70 and I just threw it away.  If some of this junk is really just a $70 honor to put on your application then how much weight does it really have?

viv

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2007, 01:49:22 PM »
Yeah you can list that, you were awarded a scholarship for a year (semester?).  You don't even have to mention failure to keep up the gpa for renewal, just say you had the scholarship for the 04-05 academic year or whenever you had it.

viv

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2007, 02:00:14 PM »
Unless you had to repay the money I think it's fair to list it.  Usually scholarships like that aren't revoked, they just aren't renewed.

Whoaz

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2007, 02:02:36 PM »
Only had Dean's List and like one/two other things. This makes me feel better that I am not alone.

Matthew

• Formerly known as /\_-=-M-=-_/\
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2007, 06:48:22 PM »
I put that I still hold the record for highest BAC in the county for my second DUI.

Now THAT is the way to spin an addendum into a positive.

papercranes

• Beer Lao. Why did I leave and come to law school?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2007, 07:44:59 PM »
I had a scholarship for all 4 years, but I doubt it's going to  be impressive. University of Toronto depedants scholarship  :-[ 50% tuition.

Bowie

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2007, 08:28:59 PM »
Do honor societies count for this? I was in two of them during undergrad. You could only get in them if you met certain criteria such as a certain GPA.