Law School Discussion

Animal Rights Good PS Topic?

Cabra

• View Profile
Re: Animal Rights Good PS Topic?
« Reply #30 on: October 14, 2007, 09:18:02 PM »
Tetris (and ghil04)--you are welcome to internet crush on me--especially since you plan on being part of some of those AR advancements I'm expecting in my lifetime. :)

Tetris

• Michigan Rocks
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #31 on: October 14, 2007, 09:25:56 PM »
Tetris (and ghil04)--you are welcome to internet crush on me--especially since you plan on being part of some of those AR advancements I'm expecting in my lifetime. :)

Hey... you can't let more than one person have an internet crush on you!  That's internet crush cheating on your part!  You have to pick one... let's see... I'm 6'5, good looking, and work out.  And I'm a diehard vegetarian.  What more could you ask for?   ;D

Do you think you'll end up making any legal contributions to the AR movement?  I know I sure as hell want to.

« Reply #32 on: October 14, 2007, 09:29:57 PM »
Are any of you applying to Columbia?

Tetris

• Michigan Rocks
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #33 on: October 14, 2007, 09:31:28 PM »
Yep :)

« Reply #34 on: October 14, 2007, 09:33:28 PM »
Realistically, within my life time, I expect that laws within the US and Europe will come protect "higher" animals like pets and apes beyond their value as "property". Vegetarianism  and veganism will become more mainstream--like 25% of the population--and everyone else will be eating less meat for health and environmental reasons. We will have evolved past animal testing because it's inefficient and technology allows us more effective ways of testing products. And fur will finally, officially, be a faux pas.

Tis awfully optimistic.

Cabra

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 14, 2007, 09:39:27 PM »
Realistically, within my life time, I expect that laws within the US and Europe will come protect "higher" animals like pets and apes beyond their value as "property". Vegetarianism  and veganism will become more mainstream--like 25% of the population--and everyone else will be eating less meat for health and environmental reasons. We will have evolved past animal testing because it's inefficient and technology allows us more effective ways of testing products. And fur will finally, officially, be a faux pas.

Tis awfully optimistic.

And so I am.  :D

But a lot that's happened recently that supports that this is possible. :)

Cabra

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 14, 2007, 09:49:49 PM »
I'm applying to Columbia :)

Tetris--your good looks don't do me much good on the internet. I want to know what ghil04 has to offer...
and yes, I hope that I can make legal contributions to AR but it'll be pro bono for me--not my primary focus.

Tetris

• Michigan Rocks
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #37 on: October 14, 2007, 09:57:01 PM »
I'm applying to Columbia :)

Tetris--your good looks don't do me much good on the internet. I want to know what ghil04 has to offer...
and yes, I hope that I can make legal contributions to AR but it'll be pro bono for me--not my primary focus.

Good point-- they won't do you much good on the internet..

You're applying for the 2008 cycle, right?  Well so am I.  I say if we end up going to school in the same town that you'll have to let me take you out on a date then.  My good looks will be like eye candy for the evening.   ;)

Did I mention that I can play guitar.  And I'm artistic too-- look at my profile pic.  I did that with a hair tie, rubber band, and aluminum can tab.

Tetris

• Michigan Rocks
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #38 on: October 14, 2007, 10:20:05 PM »
Explain this Hank thing to me.

And wouldn't being the "new Hank" be an improvement from the "old Tetris" no matter how bad Hank was?

« Reply #39 on: October 14, 2007, 10:23:51 PM »
Hank Rearden was a very charming, attractive, arrogant poster from last cycle, but some people did not like him because of his politics, or because of how he constantly flirted with other female posters, or perhaps because of both.