Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Need Help With Schools  (Read 192 times)

Specks

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Need Help With Schools
« on: October 14, 2007, 03:42:48 AM »
So I've been researching all of the schools, but I don't feel like I am doing a good job of getting to the meat and potatoes of the matter. All I can find are statistics and I'm never sure how much fudging is happening with them. I would be really grateful if you guys could lend me some perspective.

My stats are (rather sadly) such: 3.5 GPA, 1st LSAT 157 2nd LSAT: Pending but probably 160-162. (though the numbers don't look it, I studied my ass off. Took ever single test, but alas.)

My main requirements are that I can get a decent job after graduation, and that I'm not too into debt. 60k there abouts. I really don't want to be carrying a 100k debt while working on a 40k salary. That would be a nightmare. I like helping people, and I am interested in International Law (specifically China), Small business law, and real estate law. A government job isn't out of the question but with my personality I would be only average at anything trial. Maybe contracts?

I'm based in California but I'm pretty open to other locations. If you guys have any suggestions or even a good consultation company I would be grateful.

Thanks!

PS: Right now the only definite school seems to be Loyolla Maramount in CA