Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: LSAT Trends  (Read 1169 times)

digitalsky

• View Profile
LSAT Trends
« on: September 25, 2004, 05:42:11 PM »
What do you guys think about difficulty trends between RC-Args-Games over the past few years. It seems as if the games have gotten harder. You no longer see the 5 minute "birthday" games that are basically free points. I've had difficulty finishing games and just make sure I do the game with the most questions so I don't lose too many points if I can't finish all 4 of them.

Thanks.

absy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: LSAT Trends
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2004, 05:52:49 PM »
I never really paid attention to when my tests were from, but I have to say that the June 04 games were abnormally easy and the RC abnormally hard

TheDecline

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2004, 06:20:06 PM »
I never really paid attention to when my tests were from, but I have to say that the June 04 games were abnormally easy and the RC abnormally hard

I concur.

midlife catharsis

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2004, 07:28:48 PM »
My 2 cents.  Back in August I started on #19 and took them in order, and I just took #42 today.

In general, I'd say that the tests are pretty consistent, but I do see a trend towards greater difficulty combined with greater consistency.  In other words, the newer tests are more difficult on a per question basis, but they are also more consistent and thus more predictable.  This seems to be particularly true on LR, a bit less so for AR.  Apparently #43 has a killer RC passage-- I'll find out on Monday.  Perhaps harder RC and slightly easier games will be a continuing a trend.  Only LSAC knows.

digitalsky

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2004, 02:54:15 AM »
Wow, took a practice test today (PT 39) and got a 164. Weird, I finished the games section with 4 minutes to spare and only missed 2. RC, which I generally view as free points was especially hard- I missed 8 but still wrapped up 20 points in the section. The LSAT people truly balance sections off between one another (in this case, easier games, harder RC).