Law School Discussion

Woohoo 168


  • ****
  • 142
  • 3.44 / 164
    • AOL Instant Messenger - tjordan90
    • View Profile
    • LSN
Woohoo 168
« on: September 25, 2004, 02:42:12 PM »
I'm usually not one to gloat, but I took my final full Preptest (with additional simulated experimental section and writing sample) before Preptest44 this morning and scored a 168, which is my highest score so far.  I am definitely psyched to take the test next week.  I feel like I'm peaking at just the right moment.  I have acquired a wicked cough (which I largely attribute to LSAT stress weakening my immune system) and there was construction going on at the library where I took the test, but despite these handicaps, I felt totally focused.  I'm going to jot down what I did over the last few days -- if for no other reason than I will be able to look back to this post next week and follow the same schedule.  Excuse me for using this forum as my own personal journal...

Wednesday, I felt totally exhausted by classes, work, illness, and LSAT prepping; I scored abysmally on an LR section and just felt totally debilitated.  Thursday morning, I cleaned up the apartment a little and avoided thinking about the LSAT.  Thursday afternoon, I did 1.5 hours of Yoga/Meditation/Breathingexercise, despite being sick and sleep-deprived at the time.  I felt totally reinvigorated after the Yoga, and so I did an individual LR section, returning to my normal 3-4 wrong per section.  I went over sections which I felt too lazy/tired to review, including the one I did abysmally on.  I would like to say that I got a good night's sleep, but my cough interrupted me (I'm really not a sickly person, I swear).  On Friday, I had a lot of little errands to run, and I didn't even think about the LSAT until early evening on Friday.  I had been studying heavily on Friday nights before my Saturday morning Preptests, and I had planned on doing so this Friday, but I did a games section, but I felt sluggish.  Knowing that if I can't put my 100% into it, its probably not worth doing, I gave up, watched the Red Sox game, did some ironing, cleaned up the remainder of the apartment.  I went to sleep early, but did not get a good night's sleep because of the cough, although I was able to wake up early.  I took some Ginkgo Biloba before I went to bed, took two more pills in the morning, along with some caffeine (actually, an ECA stack, F U FDA).  In the morning, I vowed to do everything as well as I possibly could.  I brushed my teeth carefully and meticulously.  I made my bed like they would at a fancy hotel.  I ate the best breakfast I possibly could.  I tried to slow down and not feel rushed, to put my best into every little detail.  I did one game timed followed by one RC passage timed at my apartment.  I then read a little out of the Law School Confidential book, the part about how the LSAT is beatable.  I listened to some music and then headed off to the library.  I felt like everything was in slow motion, without my mind wandering.

Still, I know I can do better.  I missed too many questions toward the end of the test (which I attribute to the caffeine wearing off).  But I think the lesson I learned from this is do not kill yourself before you take the test, take the test at your best.  That, and take drugs before testing.
Attending UC Hastings in the fall.