Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Yay! It's the Football argument.... again.  (Read 2933 times)

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Yay! It's the Football argument.... again.
« on: October 10, 2007, 12:35:27 PM »
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3055685
"INDIANAPOLIS -- The head of a black coaches group is frustrated by the lack of minority head coaches in college football, and his remedy may be to go to court."

These guys are TOTALLY right-with the ridiculous amount of money that is on the line for schools to have great teams, they are VERY likely to pass up a coach who would take their team to a national championship because his skin is the wrong color. 

Less crying please, it just drains your already meager pool of public pity. 

t...

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Yay! It's the Football argument.... again.
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2007, 12:42:48 PM »
Yeah, well look at the success of the Rooney Rule in the NFL.

As a lifelong Steelers fan, this creation of this rule by Rooney is one of the proudest moments in their history. And as I said before, I have a man-crush on Mike Tomlin - dude is amazing.

A more important and interesting question is the relationship of white supremacists groups to the Mormon church - care to comment? Do they require a 10 percent tithing like the Church does?

Cady on October 16, 2007, 10:41:52 PM

i rhink tyi'm inejying my fudgcicle too much

Huey on February 07, 2007, 11:15:32 PM

I went to a party in an apartment in a silo once.

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2007, 12:52:51 PM »
I have no idea.  Don't white supremacists just make their members taunt and attack others?  Maybe I need to watch American History X again. 

t...

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2007, 01:07:32 PM »
I have no idea.  Don't white supremacists just make their members taunt and attack others?  Maybe I need to watch American History X again. 

You seem to have that part down pretty well.

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2007, 02:31:43 PM »
Once again, your life long goal of playing the victim makes itself apparent.   :D

Lindbergh

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2007, 02:36:23 PM »

What success?

As a lifelong Steelers fan, this creation of this rule by Rooney is one of the proudest moments in their history. And as I said before, I have a man-crush on Mike Tomlin - dude is amazing.

Wow, you're gay?  Who woulda thought.

A more important and interesting question is the relationship of white supremacists groups to the Mormon church - care to comment? Do they require a 10 percent tithing like the Church does?

Excellent non sequiter.  I guess everyone who disagrees with you and has values is a racist?

t...

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2007, 04:33:06 PM »

What success?

More African American head coaches. And *gasp* they're actually quite successful.

Wow, you're gay?  Who woulda thought.

::)

Excellent non sequiter.  I guess everyone who disagrees with you and has values is a racist?

Actually, I figured this thread was simply a forum for ridiculous, absurd, vacuous commentary.

I was merely following the example set by OP.

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2007, 11:23:39 PM »
The point should be to make money (regardless of race), not just hire black guys to coach football. 

Oh, by the way why aren't their more women coaches in the NFL?  I think that we should establish a system to address this problem. 

Tj, you weren't following my example.  You merely continued in the rut that you have been in ever since you started posting on LSD.

Leo

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2007, 11:55:15 PM »
Dear OP,

You can choose to answer this or not, but I'm just curious... what do you want?

This is a serious question. Sometimes I have a little trouble figuring out what the goal is for some of the people who post here. Are you trying to encourage dialogue? Do you want someone here to admit that there are cultural flaws within the black race? Are you asking for agreement that affirmative action is a bad policy? Just coming here to vent?

What is it, if you don't mind clarifying, that you're trying to get or prove?

Somewhere

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2007, 12:29:58 AM »
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3055685
"INDIANAPOLIS -- The head of a black coaches group is frustrated by the lack of minority head coaches in college football, and his remedy may be to go to court."

These guys are TOTALLY right-with the ridiculous amount of money that is on the line for schools to have great teams, they are VERY likely to pass up a coach who would take their team to a national championship because his skin is the wrong color. 

Less crying please, it just drains your already meager pool of public pity. 

It has nothing to do with a possible championship. They are complaining about schools ranked 50-114. Charlie Strong has not been offered a HC job because he is black and has a white wife. It is the year 2007 and a few schools, that will remain nameless, had meetings to discuss the possible reaction to hiring a black coach with a white wife.