Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Yay! It's the Football argument.... again.  (Read 2939 times)

t...

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Yay! It's the Football argument.... again.
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2007, 01:07:08 AM »

Tj, you weren't following my example.  You merely continued in the rut that you have been in ever since you started posting on LSD.

Right.

Pot/kettle.

Cady on October 16, 2007, 10:41:52 PM

i rhink tyi'm inejying my fudgcicle too much

Huey on February 07, 2007, 11:15:32 PM

I went to a party in an apartment in a silo once.

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2007, 12:32:32 PM »
Yeah, well look at the success of the Rooney Rule in the NFL.

As a lifelong Steelers fan, this creation of this rule by Rooney is one of the proudest moments in their history. And as I said before, I have a man-crush on Mike Tomlin - dude is amazing.

Exactly.  The Steelers didn't hire Tomlin because he was black, they hired him because he was qualified and they thought he would be a good coach.  If they didn't think that the would do a good job then they wouldn't have hired him in the first place. 

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2007, 12:41:24 PM »

[/quote]

It has nothing to do with a possible championship. They are complaining about schools ranked 50-114. Charlie Strong has not been offered a HC job because he is black and has a white wife. It is the year 2007 and a few schools, that will remain nameless, had meetings to discuss the possible reaction to hiring a black coach with a white wife. 
[/quote]

You mean schools like South Florida or Boise State who, less than a decade ago, were no where near the top 25? 

t...

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2007, 05:23:01 PM »
Yeah, well look at the success of the Rooney Rule in the NFL.

As a lifelong Steelers fan, this creation of this rule by Rooney is one of the proudest moments in their history. And as I said before, I have a man-crush on Mike Tomlin - dude is amazing.

Exactly.  The Steelers didn't hire Tomlin because he was black, they hired him because he was qualified and they thought he would be a good coach.  If they didn't think that the would do a good job then they wouldn't have hired him in the first place. 

Do the two have to be mutually exclusive?
Cady on October 16, 2007, 10:41:52 PM

i rhink tyi'm inejying my fudgcicle too much

Huey on February 07, 2007, 11:15:32 PM

I went to a party in an apartment in a silo once.