Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Transcript Correction Problems  (Read 651 times)

difinity

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Transcript Correction Problems
« on: October 10, 2007, 11:27:09 AM »
This might be an original problem. 

I sent a request to a community college I went to during high school to send my transcript to LSAC.  When it gets there to my surprise there is an F for a class I don't recall taking (or paying for!)  So I call the college, get it worked out and they promise to send an updated transcript.  Weeks go by and I see nothing update on LSDAS.  Pissed, I send a pre-stamped, pre-addressed priority mail envelope inside another priority mail envelope to them with another check and another request for my transcript (thinking they didn't get it to LSAC.)  More time passes and nothing.  I decide to call LSAC.

Apparently they did get the update, but it's not showing online.  The guy told me not to worry about it, that my file shows the updated information... but I'm still a little anxious about the fact that I can't see it.  Any one have an experience like this?
160 / ~3

ManTGeo

• Sr. Citizen
  • HLS 2012!
    • View Profile
Re: Transcript Correction Problems
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2007, 06:18:57 PM »
When you fill out your applications and the school requests your report, you will be able to see (online) a copy of the actual summary sheet that the school received. So, my suggestion would be to apply to one school, wait and see if the info is correct on the report that is sent to them, and then go from there.

difinity

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Transcript Correction Problems
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2007, 09:11:17 AM »
When you fill out your applications and the school requests your report, you will be able to see (online) a copy of the actual summary sheet that the school received. So, my suggestion would be to apply to one school, wait and see if the info is correct on the report that is sent to them, and then go from there.

Good info.  Thanks!
160 / ~3