Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Hurricanes in Florida  (Read 1487 times)

FloridaLaw

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Hurricanes in Florida
« on: September 25, 2004, 12:35:11 PM »
Because of the recent constant hurricane hits in Florida, do you guys think it will decrease the number of applicants to Florida law schools this year.   

Yah..Nay?? 

cascagrossa

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Hurricanes in Florida
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2004, 12:40:34 PM »
i seriously hope so.

FloridaLaw

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2004, 01:07:20 PM »
i seriously hope so.

Why...which school in FL are you applying to?

cascagrossa

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2004, 01:08:29 PM »
stetson, miami, uf, fsu.  miami is my top choice

TheDecline

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2004, 01:27:46 PM »
I doubt there will be any significant decline in applicants.

FloridaLaw

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2004, 02:16:57 PM »

Given the high cost of law school, especially Stetson being in the top in terms of having the highest amount of debt among its graduates, and given the fact that the salaries in FL are low compare to some parts of the country....is it a wise choice to attend a private/expensive law school in FL?

V

• Sr. Citizen
  • MYYYYYY Turn !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2004, 02:26:30 PM »

I'm ruminating it b.c. those were my first picks too, since I wanted to ultimately reside there.  But now, I'm asking myself some tough questions.  And yeah, I'll fess up, the huricanes have somewhat impacted my thinking; it is not the sole constituent in my reasoning for re-evaluation, however.

cascagrossa

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2004, 02:27:46 PM »
i want to live and practice in miami permanently.  um is my top choice and i believe that job prospects are more than adequate with a jd from miami.  

stetson is my last choice out of all the florida schools. i would only consider going there if i was not accepted anywhere else.  id rather leave stetson with some debt than graduate from a place like st thomas.

FloridaLaw

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2004, 03:46:02 PM »
i want to live and practice in miami permanently.  um is my top choice and i believe that job prospects are more than adequate with a jd from miami.  

stetson is my last choice out of all the florida schools. i would only consider going there if i was not accepted anywhere else.  id rather leave stetson with some debt than graduate from a place like st thomas.

I agree with you about St. Thomas.  However, I will definately choose FSU and UF over UM, not just because of the ranking, but also because of the cost. 

LongTallVal

« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2004, 04:37:29 PM »

I agree with you about St. Thomas.  However, I will definately choose FSU and UF over UM, not just because of the ranking, but also because of the cost. 

I totalyl agree with this.  While UM is a great school, it simply isn't a drop in the bucket for what FSU and UF can give you for less dollars.