Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: What to take to Forums??  (Read 311 times)

P. Pius

• View Profile
What to take to Forums??
« on: October 09, 2007, 11:08:36 PM »
Thought I'd ask this to all of you pros who have been to the Forums before.  I'm going to the one in Houston in a few weeks, but am I expected to bring anything?  I realize that law school reps will be there, and when talking with them, is it appropriate to have a resume or something? 

As well, business casual wouldn't look out of place, would it?  Thanks for the help!
In like Flint (Accepted):  South Texas, St. Mary's
Out on a limb (Pending):  Arizona State, Southwestern, Oregon
Better luck next time (Denial): 

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=runnerxc8888

contrarian

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: What to take to Forums??
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2007, 07:31:30 AM »
$50 to go hit one of the bars.

I was disappointed in the forums.  I sat through the admissions presentation and nothing was said that was any bit informative that common sense couldn't deduce.  There was very little that I learned from walking around that I couldn't have learned in a 10 minute phone call to the university or from their website. 

Plus, so so many people walking around in suits on a Saturday afternoon.  Am I to believe that someone showing up in a suit like the other 1/2 will leave some sort of lasting impression that'll make you stand out when they read your application?

difinity

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: What to take to Forums??
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2007, 08:19:38 AM »
IMHO it is possible to have a Anna Ivey stealth interview if you're smart about it.  Figure out a question that demonstrates something unique and memorable about you AND that you can't readily find the answer to.  If you can find the answer on their website or elsewhere without speaking with anyone, it's a bad question.  Every admissions officer I spoke with said "gosh, that's a good/tough/interesting question.  Well..."  I'd share my question but ...
160 / ~3