Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Anyone else cancelled his/her score?  (Read 256 times)

killblues

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Anyone else cancelled his/her score?
« on: October 08, 2007, 11:44:00 PM »
I cancelled mine right after the test.

Every single timed preptest I've taken has been: answer everything, get 6-7 questions wrong.  A bit more, a bit less.  But all hinging on the fact that I get through everything and just miss stupid questions along the way.

During the actual test I totally felt out of it, couldn't sleep the night before/was nauseous during the exam (I think it's cause I hadn't been eating properly the few days before), couldn't concentrate properly, and completely guessed -- as in bubbled blindly -- on 6 LR questions (that's down to 174, max).  The last game I completely just blazed through and missed the last 4 problems (I'd never not finished a game section before! >:().  With my normal 6-7 wrong, I would've been *very* lucky to break 170.  And I don't want to hinge my entire law school prospects on luck -- I think, realistically, I was looking more at 163-165.

Was depressed for about a day, then I realized I'm still young, still very much enjoy the job I have now, have plenty of time, and instead of rushing off the rest of my application (LORs, essays, none of which I'd done) between now and November I have a full year to work on it and a full 9 months to prep for the next test (am taking it in June).  I also know I hadn't prepped to my full 100% -- was still missing stupid questions the week before the test, time-suckers still bogging me down, had 15 or so more preptests I hadn't done.  So maybe it's all for the better?

Anyway, how'd the rest of you guys do?  Anyone else cancel?

Noooo

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone else cancelled his/her score?
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2007, 11:56:53 PM »
Are you sure that you're correctly assessing yourself, especially with respect to "answer everything, get 6-7 questions wrong"?  There's a big gap between being able to do that, and having to guess on 6 LR questions.  Maybe you weren't testing yourself under true testing conditions. 

And yep, you're young.  It's not the end of the world.  Just the start!

killblues

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone else cancelled his/her score?
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2007, 12:15:29 AM »
Are you sure that you're correctly assessing yourself, especially with respect to "answer everything, get 6-7 questions wrong"?  There's a big gap between being able to do that, and having to guess on 6 LR questions.  Maybe you weren't testing yourself under true testing conditions. 

Pretty much -- a vast majority of my preptests (timed/full + 1 "exp" section) were 171-174.  The newer tests (2004 onwards) threw me on a loop and I got a couple of 165s, but for the most part stayed within that range.

Preptest scores only matter so much though, heh -- Sept07 proved I have *wayyy* more I need to work on.  (Taking a month-long break, but am doing a per-test dissection question by question starting from Prep 7 onwards, starting November.)

I think another reason was that I was more careful about this one.  During preptests I just go through the test without thinking twice, but this time I was double-checking things to make sure I got the right answer, wasn't misbubbling, etc.  I think that's where the lack of time killed me.  (Especially on LG!!  I normally would've just blazed through that first linear, but damn if I didn't double-check everything to make sure it was correct.  sigh)

And yep, you're young.  It's not the end of the world.  Just the start!

That's what I'm telling myself  ;).  I guess one upside (downside?) to all this -- I'll be on LSD for yet another year!