Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Lowest acceptable score?  (Read 5307 times)

Lil Orphan Annie

Re: Lowest acceptable score?
« Reply #30 on: October 09, 2007, 01:14:04 PM »

Same here. Although I've already lived through my 168 nightmare... the June test stunned me!

I'll take the 168 if you don't want it.  ;D

beni

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 09, 2007, 01:59:40 PM »
So I'll buck it up and pay another $130, as clearly, despite any experiences I have had or knowledge I may possess, the most important thing in showing I can succeed in law school is a 169 on a four hour test.

Yes, despite your sarcasm, this is right. WHen you figure a way for admission commmittees to see the knowledge in your head, or to evaluate the experiences in such as way as to eb as predictive of 1L grades as the LSAT, then you have a right to gripe. As long as this is the best method, save the whining for people who care.

Note:  I edited out my original comment, as, after doing even the minimal amount of Googling, I realized you're a 20 year old, under-graduate flake.  Welcome to LSD.

Your powers of Google scare me.
(And if you find me out in the google-world, I'm not the South African playboy hopeful)

It's not me he should worry about, but future employers and bar associations.  I'm easy enough to find on the net (one reason I don't really try to be anonymous) but I generally try and avoid using traceable information when looking for recreational partners and offering reproductive assistance.  ;)

Haaahahahaha.  This is fun.  I haven't had an outlet for my stalker behavior for awhile now.

The moral of the story:  If you don't want to be found, don't leave a chain of evidence connecting your LSD account directly back to your posts on a swingers' site.

terranullius

• "A witty saying proves nothing." --Voltaire
    • View Profile
    • terra nullius
« Reply #33 on: October 10, 2007, 01:29:43 PM »
Thank God someone on here said something lower than a 160. I was reading through this thread feeling terrified. I got a 158 on the June test, and prior to this last administration, had been practicing with widely ranging scores of 160-172. So I'm going to say that I just want to improve!!
Drake Law School
Class of 2011

saradsun

• Sr. Citizen
  • Off to Cali
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: October 10, 2007, 02:12:10 PM »

jamie9

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: October 10, 2007, 02:30:30 PM »
Anything lower than 166, retake and reconsider law school altogether

166-170, absolutely retake

170-172, retake unless it's something that probably won't go away on the next test (e.g. I realize based on my responses that I was more nervous than i thought i was, nasty scale, etc.)

173-174, keep, but with disappointment

175-176, happily keep -- this was about my expectation/goal, but I don't think I made it

177+, pass out from shock and then happily keep

beni

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 10, 2007, 02:36:14 PM »
Thank God someone on here said something lower than a 160. I was reading through this thread feeling terrified. I got a 158 on the June test, and prior to this last administration, had been practicing with widely ranging scores of 160-172. So I'm going to say that I just want to improve!!

There's nothing wrong with those scores...it's just a question of performing at your personal best.  If I had been practicing at 165s all the time and scored a 163, I'd be plenty happy.  The pisser is getting 177+ on almost every practice test and then coming out and getting a 170 or whatever, especially when you're a pretty wide splitter like me and have completely unrealistic goals regarding school choices.

CrnchyCereal

« Reply #37 on: October 10, 2007, 03:20:13 PM »
170 here.  Assuming a standard scale, I would be absolutely shocked/horrified if I got more than 10 wrong on the September exam.  Hoping for about a 175, which is right around where I was practicing the weeks leading up to the test.

If I get below a 170, I really don't know what I'll do. 

CrnchyCereal

« Reply #38 on: October 10, 2007, 04:46:22 PM »
Ha, good one.

Seriously though, if I don't crack 170, then I can probably kiss my chances goodbye at any of the top 5 schools.  Obviously that's not the end of the world, but it's my goal.  And if I end up retaking?  Well, I think I'd rather shoot myself first.  Hell, I don't think I'd do anything differently the second time around either, so I don't know it'd be worth it.  And it's certainly not as though the testing conditions were unusual.  Really, they were pretty much as ideal as possible.

skillerj

• You want to eat?
    • View Profile
    • LawSchoolNumbers
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: October 11, 2007, 02:26:16 AM »
163. I tried to aim for 170, but I lost confidence in the last two weeks before the test when my practice tests fell below 165. If I get below 163, I'll get a full time job and forget about law school. Retake is out of the question for me.