Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Lowest acceptable score?  (Read 5339 times)

Lil Orphan Annie

Lowest acceptable score?
« on: October 08, 2007, 09:47:08 PM »
For all you September 2007 takers, what's the lowest score you'll accept without retaking? (Or giving up on the lawyer dream, or whatever :P).

Since I'm just applying to Canadian schools, I figure I can get by with a 162.  Of course, I'm hoping for a 166 or something, but a few simple slips could really make that 4-point difference.

On a happy note, I dreamt that I got a 168  ;D. It was kind of a weird dream, because I dreamt that I was looking at my score and it started as a 119 (???), but then the numbers just kept re-tabulating until finally it stopped at the final score of 168. (Thank god that doesn't REALLY happen).  168 would be absolutely wonderful, and in the range I've been practicing, but I'm trying to keep it realistic, because I did get cold fingers on the first half of the actual test.  (Though please please please let it be a premonition)...

just dot

• Sr. Citizen
  • I just want to be wonderful.
    • View Profile
Re: Lowest acceptable score?
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2007, 09:53:45 PM »
166 is my lowest.  Anything below that and I'll retake.
To put it bluntly, I seem to have a whole superstructure with no foundation. But I`m working on the foundation.

gclemen1

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2007, 09:59:21 PM »
below a 160 and I will be below the acceptable index.  I would ideally like a 163 or above, but I would settle for a 160.

Pretentious Undergrad

• Sr. Citizen
  • Pip pip, children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2007, 10:11:42 PM »
I don't know... lower than 160 I'd probably retake. But even if I did score below 160, I'm Canadian and have a good gpa... I'd probably get in to some school I was happy with.

t L

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2007, 10:14:18 PM »
166 is my lowest.  Anything below that and I'll retake.

What she said.
Michigan 2L

beni

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2007, 12:31:22 AM »
I can't really retake since I have a 170 from Dec. 05, cancel from June 07 and pending score from a couple weeks ago.  I think if I get < 174 I'm going to retake just to spite LSAC since my practices are almost always 177-180.  Not that it'll do me any good for admissions, but at least I will have finally gotten the score I should have in the first place.

Pretentious Undergrad

• Sr. Citizen
  • Pip pip, children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2007, 12:36:44 AM »
To spite LSAC? ...but you'd be dropping one hundred-whatever dollars right in their pocket...?

killblues

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2007, 12:40:03 AM »
I cancelled already, lol, so this question is moot for me.  But I would've taken it again if I was lower than 170.

laughing hard

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2007, 12:45:38 AM »
I cancelled already, lol, so this question is moot for me.  But I would've taken it again if I was lower than 170.

This is where I was last time. I made 170 my cut-off and got a 168. This time around... I'll say 170 again, but I don't know if I'm going to bother trying a third time if it doesn't work out.
UCLA Law Class of 2011

killblues

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2007, 12:52:35 AM »

This is where I was last time. I made 170 my cut-off and got a 168. This time around... I'll say 170 again, but I don't know if I'm going to bother trying a third time if it doesn't work out.

Out of curiosity, how long was it between your two tests?

I briefly considered taking it again this December, but the pragmatist in me knows there's no way I'll improve (considerably) enough by then.  So June it is for me.  (I'd happily sacrifice another year off if it means the difference between a 165 and a 175 -- which would be the difference between a Harvard or, say, a non-T14).