Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: .........  (Read 27074 times)

t L

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: 2 DAYS LEFT!! The official countdown till the score release!!
« Reply #140 on: October 17, 2007, 10:54:17 AM »
Not having your score?

This is the answer to your question.  What's the point in making us wait two more days?  Just release the damn scores today. 
Michigan 2L

P. Pius

• View Profile
« Reply #141 on: October 17, 2007, 11:21:06 AM »
No dashed lines for me yet...just a big blank space staring right back at me.  Oh life, why can't I get my score back yet??
In like Flint (Accepted):  South Texas, St. Mary's
Out on a limb (Pending):  Arizona State, Southwestern, Oregon
Better luck next time (Denial): 

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=runnerxc8888

Eveman in Ingmarland

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: October 17, 2007, 11:28:23 AM »
Not having your score?

This is the answer to your question.  What's the point in making us wait two more days?  Just release the damn scores today. 

There's an obvious necessary assumption here.  They have the scores.

But, if they do, I can agree with you.

Sorry to break it to you guys, but as I understand it the good people at LSAC almost always release scores on the Friday or Saturday prior to the official release date, and not because they're really nice people who want to get y'all your scores ASAP.

They pick the Monday three weeks post-test as the official release date because that's the absolute longest it could possibly take them to have everything finished. (Say they spill coffee all over the scantron cards or the printer suffers a catastrophic paper jam or whatever).

Anyway, they usually have scores ready a lot earlier then that (again, as I understand it). But that's not the reason they release them early; they don't release them on Monday because they don't want all the aspiring little 0Ls get their little hearts broken during office hours.

My guess is LSAC views a Monday release as a sort of doomsday scenario ('oh god, five days of people calling us complaining about their meager scores! That sounds like accountability!'), so they release them early. But not so early that they'd leave themselves vulnerable to fielding questions, which is why scores are usually released on Friday afternoon (right before closing time), or sometime Saturday. This gives disappointed test takers a chance to kill themselves before LSAC's office opens, thus saving all the useful little operators the trouble of listening to them cry on the phone, talking about how the LSAT ruined their lives.

t L

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: October 17, 2007, 11:49:38 AM »
Not having your score?

There's an obvious necessary assumption here.  They have the scores.

But, if they do, I can agree with you.

Sorry to break it to you guys, but as I understand it the good people at LSAC almost always release scores on the Friday or Saturday prior to the official release date, and not because they're really nice people who want to get y'all your scores ASAP.

They pick the Monday three weeks post-test as the official release date because that's the absolute longest it could possibly take them to have everything finished. (Say they spill coffee all over the scantron cards or the printer suffers a catastrophic paper jam or whatever).

Anyway, they usually have scores ready a lot earlier then that (again, as I understand it). But that's not the reason they release them early; they don't release them on Monday because they don't want all the aspiring little 0Ls get their little hearts broken during office hours.

My guess is LSAC views a Monday release as a sort of doomsday scenario ('oh god, five days of people calling us complaining about their meager scores! That sounds like accountability!'), so they release them early. But not so early that they'd leave themselves vulnerable to fielding questions, which is why scores are usually released on Friday afternoon (right before closing time), or sometime Saturday. This gives disappointed test takers a chance to kill themselves before LSAC's office opens, thus saving all the useful little operators the trouble of listening to them cry on the phone, talking about how the LSAT ruined their lives.

TITCR.  However, they could release them today and not answer the phones for two days.  I'd be down with that.
Michigan 2L

sb84

• View Profile
« Reply #144 on: October 17, 2007, 12:14:05 PM »
sorry if this is a dumb question but where on lsac do you access your score?

CowboyBebop

• View Profile
« Reply #145 on: October 17, 2007, 12:18:20 PM »
Goto www.lsac.org; click on online services. Login, click on account status, and then LSAT. should be a big blank where your score and percentile are.

sb84

• View Profile
« Reply #146 on: October 17, 2007, 12:25:36 PM »
i mean where on the website? Im not seing the spot with dashes under the tab labeled LSAT - which tab is it under?

just dot

• Sr. Citizen
  • I just want to be wonderful.
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: October 17, 2007, 12:28:33 PM »
go to the Account Status tab...then go down to LSAT on the pulldown menu.

you may or may not have dashes...only those who get above a 166 (the 95th percentile) get them.

Oh, that's just mean.  I haven't had dashes yet.  :'(
To put it bluntly, I seem to have a whole superstructure with no foundation. But I`m working on the foundation.

sb84

• View Profile
« Reply #148 on: October 17, 2007, 12:32:07 PM »
wouldnt have believed it. thanks

Carpe Noctem

• View Profile
« Reply #149 on: October 17, 2007, 12:32:42 PM »
go to the Account Status tab...then go down to LSAT on the pulldown menu.

you may or may not have dashes...only those who get above a 166 (the 95th percentile) get them.

No dashed lines...should I killself now?