Law School Discussion

Re: 3 DAYS LEFT!! The official countdown till the score release!!
« Reply #130 on: October 16, 2007, 11:44:51 PM »
You definitely are one of the few people in this world in love with the LSAT. I wish I was you on September 29th. So may I ask what law school you went to?

« Reply #131 on: October 16, 2007, 11:55:17 PM »
Errr, my roommate is such a Trojans' fan. Ummm, even though her sister goes to UCLA. Quite pathetic if you ask me.

« Reply #132 on: October 17, 2007, 12:00:40 AM »
It's all about location, location, location.

beni

• View Profile
« Reply #133 on: October 17, 2007, 01:07:47 AM »
Errr, my roommate is such a Trojans' fan. Ummm, even though her sister goes to UCLA. Quite pathetic if you ask me.

That is funny.  The Trojans have a killer football team.  It was also strange that somewhere close to %40 of my LS class were UCLA UG'ds.  They made the right choice and found the right place!!!
*ahem* Stanford.

Sorry, had to do it.  As far as football goes...the crowd in the Coliseum is lame and the band sucks.

I'm still applying there though.  My sister's an undergrad...I'll make her split rent with me if I move down.  :)

beni

• View Profile
« Reply #134 on: October 17, 2007, 02:08:37 AM »
Well...seeing as how they only need to remember the same 4 notes, repeated ad nauseam, to make it all the way through the game, that shouldn't be too much of a problem.

iLukeisamazing

• Go Noles!
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: October 17, 2007, 07:12:50 AM »
Dude...I GOT THE DASHED LINES!!! No idea what they mean...BUT I GOT 'EM!! i think scores are comin out today, it's wednesday after all.

Dashed lines for me as well, this is ridiculous!

What kind of organizations that is supposed to be aimed at helping students get into law school screws around with people to this point? Honestly, why would they do it?

t L

• View Profile
Re: 2 DAYS LEFT!! The official countdown till the score release!!
« Reply #136 on: October 17, 2007, 08:43:56 AM »
My frustration grows by the day.  I hate life.

t L

• View Profile
« Reply #137 on: October 17, 2007, 08:54:17 AM »
Not having your score?

This is the answer to your question.  What's the point in making us wait two more days?  Just release the damn scores today. 

« Reply #138 on: October 17, 2007, 09:21:06 AM »
No dashed lines for me yet...just a big blank space staring right back at me.  Oh life, why can't I get my score back yet??

« Reply #139 on: October 17, 2007, 09:28:23 AM »
Not having your score?

This is the answer to your question.  What's the point in making us wait two more days?  Just release the damn scores today. 

There's an obvious necessary assumption here.  They have the scores.

But, if they do, I can agree with you.

Sorry to break it to you guys, but as I understand it the good people at LSAC almost always release scores on the Friday or Saturday prior to the official release date, and not because they're really nice people who want to get y'all your scores ASAP.

They pick the Monday three weeks post-test as the official release date because that's the absolute longest it could possibly take them to have everything finished. (Say they spill coffee all over the scantron cards or the printer suffers a catastrophic paper jam or whatever).

Anyway, they usually have scores ready a lot earlier then that (again, as I understand it). But that's not the reason they release them early; they don't release them on Monday because they don't want all the aspiring little 0Ls get their little hearts broken during office hours.

My guess is LSAC views a Monday release as a sort of doomsday scenario ('oh god, five days of people calling us complaining about their meager scores! That sounds like accountability!'), so they release them early. But not so early that they'd leave themselves vulnerable to fielding questions, which is why scores are usually released on Friday afternoon (right before closing time), or sometime Saturday. This gives disappointed test takers a chance to kill themselves before LSAC's office opens, thus saving all the useful little operators the trouble of listening to them cry on the phone, talking about how the LSAT ruined their lives.