Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: I need help~~~  (Read 343 times)

giveme170

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
I need help~~~
« on: October 07, 2007, 01:45:46 AM »
 RC is really kicking my behind right now. LR is not all that intimidating anymore since I can pretty much get most of the questions correct if I don't make stupid mistakes. Logic games.... oh well I should review the LGB and start practicing more. I have been doing the RC for the past 2 weeks and I keep missing application questions and some detail questions. The problems I have with these types are:

Application question: When I look back at the passage and start reading the relevant parts, I can't determine if I should read the entire paragraph again or just read few lines regarding the subject. When I do the latter, I always get the question wrong because one part of the answer choice I chose does not match what was said in the passage. Reading the entire paragraph once again seems to be just too much and time consuming.

Detail questions: I cannot distinguish the subtle differences of words used by the answer choices. One answer choice seems to look pretty good, and when I choose it, it is wrong and some other less good looking choice is correct.

I guess I really do not have the basics down for RC. I do enjoy reading RC passages, no problems with that. I also like to summarize and understand the structure and main point. Overall, I really like doing this section. The problem is that I keep missing these types of questions and it is so frustrating because I don't seem to improve. Does anyone have some tips on these types of questions or RC in general? I would really appreciate your help.  :)

just dot

• Sr. Citizen
  • I just want to be wonderful.
    • View Profile
Re: I need help~~~
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2007, 09:01:45 AM »
RC is really kicking my behind right now. LR is not all that intimidating anymore since I can pretty much get most of the questions correct if I don't make stupid mistakes. Logic games.... oh well I should review the LGB and start practicing more. I have been doing the RC for the past 2 weeks and I keep missing application questions and some detail questions. The problems I have with these types are:

Application question: When I look back at the passage and start reading the relevant parts, I can't determine if I should read the entire paragraph again or just read few lines regarding the subject. When I do the latter, I always get the question wrong because one part of the answer choice I chose does not match what was said in the passage. Reading the entire paragraph once again seems to be just too much and time consuming.

Detail questions: I cannot distinguish the subtle differences of words used by the answer choices. One answer choice seems to look pretty good, and when I choose it, it is wrong and some other less good looking choice is correct.

I guess I really do not have the basics down for RC. I do enjoy reading RC passages, no problems with that. I also like to summarize and understand the structure and main point. Overall, I really like doing this section. The problem is that I keep missing these types of questions and it is so frustrating because I don't seem to improve. Does anyone have some tips on these types of questions or RC in general? I would really appreciate your help.  :)

RC is tough for me, too.  I would suggest Kaplan LSAT 180 JUST for the RC section (skip the rest, go to Powerscore for LR and LG).  If nothing else, it will give you tons of practice on pretty tough passages with tough questions.  It helped me bring my RC misses from 6/8 down to 3/4 per section.  Although scores aren't back on September's LSAT yet and that's the one that really counts....I'll keep you updated.  :-)
To put it bluntly, I seem to have a whole superstructure with no foundation. But I`m working on the foundation.