Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Anyone here do amazing on practic test but think they bombed the actual?  (Read 694 times)

krystal82

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
I think I may have.  :'(  I know i missed at least 5 on RC.

qt314

• Sr. Citizen
  • pi = 3.14, k?
    • View Profile
    • bluewords
Re: Anyone here do amazing on practic test but think they bombed the actual?
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2007, 03:39:52 PM »
yup. that's me. not going to submit any apps until my lsat scores come back. sigh. would you prefer retaking in december or waiting until the next cycle?
NYU Class of 2011!

beni

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2007, 04:11:21 PM »
Me too.  Choked on the games and had to guess on two, not to mention not being able to go back and verify a few questions that I needed to double check.  My last chance too...I took in Dec. 05 and June 07 (lucky me...-8 scales both times).  I kept the score from 05 and cancelled from June...retaking again would be totally useless.

Here's to safety schools.

geelpiet42

• View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2007, 04:14:10 PM »
I wasn't scoring amazing by any means, but I feel I did much better on practice tests than on the real thing...the anticipation is killing me!

obbear

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2007, 04:25:39 PM »
A little off topic, but this was basically me in June.  I was consistently practicing at X before the test, but walked out of the room thinking I was about 6-8 points under that (consistent) score.  I'm not a really pessimistic person, so it was very upsetting at the time.  Sure enough, when the scores came out I got...you guessed it...X.

Which is just to say that, if you were practicing under realistic conditions and consistently scoring in a narrow range, there might not be as much reason to worry as you might think right now.  Good luck, folks!

wtracing

• Sr. Citizen
  • Roll Angry Wave!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2007, 05:11:44 PM »
Well, this is just my opinion...but If you took every practice test under test conditions with no snacks, drinks, experimental section, and proctored by computer or whatnot...I would not be worried about a test day drop because of that. My opinion is what gets most people is the added stress of the real day. I tried very hard to imitate that each test and the actual test did not intimidate me. That said, the LG killed me too...But I don't expect a huge drop from my normal scores.

My second point is that, if you took extensive practice tests under test conditions, I learned to trust my instinct. If I had to circle a problem, I usually missed it etc...so on test day I had a pretty good gauge of how i did imho. But, to verify all of this..I still have to wait 2 weeks :)
Tulane Class of 2011

beni

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2007, 06:08:27 PM »
i don't know...the only things i didn't do were practice at 9am and do an experimental section.  i don't think either of those had too much of an effect.  i didn't actually feel all that nervous going in, either, but as soon as i opened the booklet i felt like my brain had turned into oatmeal.

the problem with the scale is that at the top end, missing 2 more questions than you generally did on your practice tests can make a big difference, especially if you happen to hit an impossible score like i seem prone to doing and drop 2 points for one wrong answer.

just dot

• Sr. Citizen
  • I just want to be wonderful.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2007, 08:11:19 PM »
I think I scored within my range. We'll see.
To put it bluntly, I seem to have a whole superstructure with no foundation. But I`m working on the foundation.