Law School Discussion

Family friendly schools?

Family friendly schools?
« on: October 04, 2007, 01:27:01 PM »
I will have a wife and Two kids ages 3 and 1 when when i start my first year (Fall 2009).  Any recommendations?  I will only be 26 and I don't make much money.  So here are things I'm intersted in

1) Housing for families close to school? (less than $1200 a month, preferably under $900)
2) Need based grants - Like i said, i don't make a lot of money!
2a) Will loans cover the rest?  I don't plan on working and my wife would work no more than part time.
3) Still a good school - I'll find out in a couple weeks, but I'm thinking my LSAT will be about 163.  I've lived in Italy, played college football, been a "Big Brother," volunteered for the IRC (helping refugees).

Anyway, what would be some good schools that i could get into that would be good for my young family?  I'm not a fan of the midwest and I'm open to big cities.  I'd appreciate any knowledge - firsthand or not - That you all can give

CandyMonster

• Gimme candy!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Family friendly schools?
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2007, 01:44:10 PM »
Many law schools have on campus family housing. The units may or may not include utilities and furniture but the rent usually fits comfortablely w/i the school's budget. If quality of life is an issue, you may want to stay away from big cities (and most Cali schools for that matter) since you tend to get less bang for you buck there. I've done tons of research on the housing options at most of the T25 schools. If you are planning on applying to any of those you can PM me and I'll give you the specifics.