Law School Discussion

LSAC Forum Dress

$Bill

• View Profile
    • Email
LSAC Forum Dress
« on: October 03, 2007, 10:18:42 AM »
I'm wearing slacks, shoes, and an untucked collared shirt open in the front with like, a nice unmarked tee underneath or something...

anyways, is it way more formal then Im thinking?  Should I crack out full business casual, or a suit?

$Bill

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: LSAC Forum Dress
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2007, 10:23:31 AM »
ty

J_

• YOU! Yeah!!!! That guy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2007, 11:23:58 AM »
Isnt the forum one of those instances where you get the chance to meet face to face with admissions people from the schools?  Why wouldn't you want to make a good impression by introducing yourself and doing one of those Anna Ivey stealth interviews or whatever she calls them?    I'll be going in November so any info welcome

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2007, 12:29:24 PM »
I wore jeans, black boots, and a nice shirt. I seriously doubt anyone is going to remember you as far as admissions folk go, and the idiots in the suits pissed me off.

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2007, 01:16:08 PM »
you need to wear a tux

$Bill

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2007, 02:34:17 PM »
you need to wear a tux

I was gonna go with the pinstripe wide shoulder 1950s industrialist suit originally, you gotta accept a character from and Ayn Rand book.

« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2007, 03:03:30 PM »
you need to wear a tux

I was gonna go with the pinstripe wide shoulder 1950s industrialist suit originally, you gotta accept a character from and Ayn Rand book.

I recommend wearing this on top of the tux. You can't go wrong with a suit jacket on top of a tux jacket. Vest on top of both jackets, please.

Or drag.

« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2007, 06:00:33 PM »
When I went to the Forum in Atlanta last year 90% of the prospectives were in business casual.

« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2007, 06:20:38 PM »
*What to Wear.  Remember that even before your first day of law school, you should begin to think of yourself as a professional, and part of being a professional is dressing the part.  To that end, many people wonder what is the appropriate attire for a forum.  Although there is no hard and fast rule, business casual is the norm for forums.  Be sure to wear comfortable shoes as you will be spending quite a lot of time on your feet!

http://uchicagolaw.typepad.com/adayinthelife/2007/09/learn-about-law.html