Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Where can I go in SO CAL with a 2.8???  (Read 5077 times)

bad_andy0881

• View Profile
Re: Where can I go in SO CAL with a 2.8???
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2007, 01:40:39 PM »
LOL!  Thanks, i actually ended up signing up for TestMasters.  Kaplan got a bad rap from a lot of people, so after doing some research, TestMasters was the way to go.

I hope to score well enough to make it into a good school.

Thanks everyone.

I am about to start the LSAT Prep with Kaplan, and hope to get a very good score.

If it is not too late DO NOT TAKE KAPLAN! If it is too late, good luck.

ě

• Sr. Citizen
  • non sequitur
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2007, 06:42:52 AM »
TM are definitely miles ahead of Kaplan. Best of luck to you.

thekub

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2008, 04:44:25 PM »
Good decision going with Testmasters. I used them and got a 164 (although I started out on my diagnostics with a 160...), so I was pretty satisfied.

On a positive note, though, I'm pretty sure that law schools will notice that you improved academically during your undergrad studies, which shows them that you had trouble in the beginning and stepped it up. I think in general they like to see that your LSAT score is more or less consistent with your GPA (i.e., if you have a super-high LSAT but a low GPA, it shows that you're not living up to your potential). And as for apps, I would say apply mainly to schools you have a realistic shot at getting into, and then 2 or 3 long shots. You never know; I applied to UC Hastings as my long shot and got in, and while I'm very excited to be going there in the fall, I almost wish I had aimed higher just to see where else I could have gotten into. Anyway, good luck!
Accepted: UC Hastings (will attend!)
Waiting: U of Seattle, Chicago-Kent, Lewis and Clark, U of Cincinnati