Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Re-using LORs  (Read 711 times)

Roy Lichtenstein

• Sr. Citizen
  • I Can See the Whole Room . . . , 1961
    • View Profile
Re-using LORs
« on: October 03, 2007, 10:16:28 AM »
Hello, all.

I am back from a bit of a hiatus that I took to study for the LSAT.

Anyway, I applied last cycle and I am reapplying this cycle, and I am curious to hear people's thoughts on reusing my LORs from last cycle.

I used 3 last cycle, 2 from people I work for, 1 from a college prof.  I asked another person I work for to write a new one for this cycle, and I was planning on using that to replace on of the employer LORs from last cycle.

Does this sound OK?  Do I need to get all new LORs?

If at first you don't succeed, apply, apply again!

I am Penny Lane

• Sr. Citizen
  • Manager of the "Get Dotlyn to go to FSU" Campaign!
    • View Profile
    • LSN - What do you think of my choices?
Re: Re-using LORs
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2007, 10:30:50 AM »
I know they SAY they review your old file, but I find it hard to believe that they read EVERYTHING from last cycle. I have 2 New LORS and I am including my favorite for last cycle as a 3rd.

Also, as a side note, I wonder if you do no designate any LORs for the school if they automatically pull the minimun or the maximum number they will take.
LSN

Quote from: dotlyn
PennyLane invented sweet. She has the patent on it. I tried to act sweet one time and she sued me.

newtothis

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2007, 01:30:24 PM »
I know they SAY they review your old file, but I find it hard to believe that they read EVERYTHING from last cycle. I have 2 New LORS and I am including my favorite for last cycle as a 3rd.

Also, as a side note, I wonder if you do no designate any LORs for the school if they automatically pull the minimun or the maximum number they will take.

That's why some specifically ask you to list your two/three recs on the app.
http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=newtothis
Updated with $$ offers
Stats are now unfudged

I am Penny Lane

• Sr. Citizen
  • Manager of the "Get Dotlyn to go to FSU" Campaign!
    • View Profile
    • LSN - What do you think of my choices?
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2007, 01:38:52 PM »
I think only 2 of the schools I applied to had this on the app. One had the minimum they pull, the other had the max.
LSN

Quote from: dotlyn
PennyLane invented sweet. She has the patent on it. I tried to act sweet one time and she sued me.