Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Officialesque September 2007 Waiting-for-the-scores Thread  (Read 5003 times)

papercranes

• Sr. Citizen
  • Beer Lao. Why did I leave and come to law school?
    • View Profile
Re: Officialesque September 2007 Waiting-for-the-scores Thread
« Reply #30 on: October 07, 2007, 04:10:31 PM »
Hmm... I hate to admit technological incompetance, but  :-[ how do I get to this board? I can sign in... and then what?
university of southern california 2011

MHLM

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 07, 2007, 08:46:03 PM »
Here's my idea: for right now, I'll just keep the list of people who are willing to trade PSes.  A lot of us are on earlier drafts right now, and want feedback to help send us in the right direction.  So in this thread we can find people with whom to exchange the things that we're still working on: resume, addenda, diversity statements, PSes.

In a couple of weeks I'll organize a "full package" group of 5-10 people.  My vision for how this would work is that everyone would compile their PS, resume, and any other written attachments into one .doc file.  Maybe even our UGPA and LSAT score, just for realism :).  Everyone can send those documents to me, and I'll distribute them to the entire group in one email with attachments (so we don't have 1,000 emails clogging up our inboxes).  Each participant will read and consider everyone else's package and email their comments (would this be better to email each person individually with comments, or for each person to compile their comments about all of the packages and send it to the entire group?  The latter way, it will be a little more like an adcom, and that would open up doors for discussing what worked and what didn't in everyone's packages..)

Anyway, the whole-package thing will be a bit of a commitment, but I think it could be really valuable and useful too.  What say you?

Hi. I'm new to the board, but am interested in joining this group if that would be alright...I would definitely appreciate any reviews of my PS...that is when I finish, hopefully soon. How do I partake in this?

nicole1220

• Sr. Citizen
  • I feel like that Chihuahua.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 09, 2007, 09:55:29 PM »
Can I be added to the law school applications board and the waiting-for-the-scores thread? Thanks so much!!
GW '11?