Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Unnecessarily Brutal Rejection Letter  (Read 12032 times)

RickLax.com

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LawSchoolBlogger.com
    • Email
Re: Unnecessarily Brutal Rejection Letter
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2008, 03:40:06 PM »
I got a rejection letter with "Denied" underlined in blue permanent marker.  It totally felt like, "Since you're not good enough for our school, you obviously can't read.  We just want to make sure you don't think you had a chance in hell of being accepted."

Wow. Are you sure it was underlined in pen and not just blue ink from a printer?
That's pretty harsh...

woeisme

• Sr. Citizen
  • Untouchable
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2008, 08:38:24 PM »
I got a rejection letter with "Denied" underlined in blue permanent marker.  It totally felt like, "Since you're not good enough for our school, you obviously can't read.  We just want to make sure you don't think you had a chance in hell of being accepted."

Wow. Are you sure it was underlined in pen and not just blue ink from a printer?
That's pretty harsh...

yeah, seriously!
Cornell Law School Class of 2011 ... ftw.

SabrinaK

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2008, 08:55:07 PM »
No, it was totally permanent marker..the name was signed with it and there was a mistake mark on it like the pen slipped.  I thought it was kinda funny.
Alan Shore: You know I'm not about to go to Texas and not ride the mechanical bull, Chelina. That would be like going to Los Angeles and not sleeping with Paris Hilton.

Lock & Load: University of San Diego 2011!

RickLax.com

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LawSchoolBlogger.com
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2008, 02:01:47 AM »
No, it was totally permanent marker..the name was signed with it and there was a mistake mark on it like the pen slipped.  I thought it was kinda funny.

So...did you say something really offensive in your personal statement?

-LawSchoolBlogger

SabrinaK

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2008, 08:12:11 AM »

So...did you say something really offensive in your personal statement?

-LawSchoolBlogger

Oh yeah, it was full of swear words and how I thought their school sucked. ;)  No..but it did look like it had been written by an office assistant or something.  Like how politicians have their named signed on the letter, but the initials of the intern is under it.  Who knows.
Alan Shore: You know I'm not about to go to Texas and not ride the mechanical bull, Chelina. That would be like going to Los Angeles and not sleeping with Paris Hilton.

Lock & Load: University of San Diego 2011!

RickLax.com

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LawSchoolBlogger.com
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2008, 08:15:41 PM »
Why did you bump this thread with that post?

Wow...what did I do to so offend you?