Law School Discussion

Raped by September LSAT

Raped by September LSAT
« on: September 30, 2007, 04:25:14 PM »
I'm getting my Cooley application ready. Anybody else?

t L

• View Profile
Re: Raped by September LSAT
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2007, 04:31:38 PM »
Join the club.  When I left the test center, I didn't feel that bad.  It's probably just my natural pessimism wrecking havoc on my mind.  If I score under 165, I'm definitely re-taking in December.

Trill

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2007, 04:40:49 PM »
This is a stupid question (as I haven't really sought out the answer myself yet, I'm lazy), but how does the application process work?

I have an account at LSAC, obviously. I'm registered with LSDAS. I have my UG transcripts submitted, as well as my letters of recommendation. So what's the next step?

Is there a common application form that I can fill out and send to the institutions that I wish to apply? What about the personal statement? Do different schools have different requirements for the personal statement?

t L

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2007, 04:51:31 PM »
This is a stupid question (as I haven't really sought out the answer myself yet, I'm lazy), but how does the application process work?

I have an account at LSAC, obviously. I'm registered with LSDAS. I have my UG transcripts submitted, as well as my letters of recommendation. So what's the next step?

Is there a common application form that I can fill out and send to the institutions that I wish to apply? What about the personal statement? Do different schools have different requirements for the personal statement?

The easiest thing to do is do your apps online which you can also do at LSAC.org.  Probably starting tomorrow, I think all schools have their apps on the website.  They have a common form which fills in common areas on the application.  Some schools have very, very specific rules on the PS and others don't.  Basically, if you stick to a 2-page, double-spaced, 10 or 12 font, topic of your choice PS you should be fine, but if you are concerned about it, you need to read the rules for each individual school.

Trill

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2007, 05:01:50 PM »

The easiest thing to do is do your apps online which you can also do at LSAC.org.  Probably starting tomorrow, I think all schools have their apps on the website.  They have a common form which fills in common areas on the application.  Some schools have very, very specific rules on the PS and others don't.  Basically, if you stick to a 2-page, double-spaced, 10 or 12 font, topic of your choice PS you should be fine, but if you are concerned about it, you need to read the rules for each individual school.

Thanks.

Where do you upload your personal statement and resume at, though?

t L

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2007, 05:18:09 PM »

Thanks.

Where do you upload your personal statement and resume at, though?

You can attach them to your application when you apply online.  LSAC then converts everything to one big PDF file and makes it available electronically to the school.

You should log onto LSAC.org and poke around the application section.

todesgebruell

« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2007, 08:21:28 PM »
I was ready to walk out after section 2...the LG's killed me.  Guess I better get the cancellation form in.

« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2007, 10:33:23 PM »
I thought about walking out.

tiki

« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2007, 06:27:30 AM »
I walked out after logic games.  All those weeks of studying wasted... Oh well.

gowi

• Emory '11
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2007, 08:30:56 AM »
Someone DID walk out at mine, during the 2nd section.  There were only 7 people taking the LSAT there, so it was noticable.  Before the test she said she hadn't prepared at all.