Law School Discussion

Predict Your Score

qt314

• pi = 3.14, k?
    • View Profile
    • bluewords
Re: Predict Your Score
« Reply #50 on: October 05, 2007, 02:32:57 PM »
just out of curiosity, did how you "feel" about your practice tests correlate well with how well you actually did on them? i felt awful after the september 2007 administration, but there were times that i "felt" awful about practice tests, too, only to discover that i did just fine. and then there were times i was sure i aced the test, only to discover tons of stupid mistakes....

« Reply #51 on: October 05, 2007, 02:37:55 PM »
yeah, i know what you mean.  there were times i walked out of practice tests and felt awful, only to find out that i had scored my highest score yet.  but the September test was the first time I had to simply guess on more than one answer on the logic games (i had to guess on at least 4 at the end) so that is the main difference in how "awful" i felt coming out of this test as opposed to other practice tests.

« Reply #52 on: October 05, 2007, 04:30:19 PM »
I am thinking 160.

I felt so much more confident this time around, and although I am not aiming for a super-high score, I feel like I have improved by at least 5 points.

Honestly, after the months of studying/taking practice tests/shelling out $ for a prep course, I am going to have a nervous breakdown if my score is not in the 160s.

just dot

• I just want to be wonderful.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 05, 2007, 05:55:58 PM »
just out of curiosity, did how you "feel" about your practice tests correlate well with how well you actually did on them? i felt awful after the september 2007 administration, but there were times that i "felt" awful about practice tests, too, only to discover that i did just fine. and then there were times i was sure i aced the test, only to discover tons of stupid mistakes....

Good point.  Some people are better at predicting their scores than others.

I was pretty good at guessing whether or not I would be in the higher or lower range of my average although there was an outlier or two that caught me by surprise.  I left September's LSAT feeling that I probably had scored in the lower range of my average but after looking at the (unauthorized) wiki that was up (and now is not) I now feel that a lot of the questions I was unsure about I probably got right.  For that reason I'm now thinking I might be a bit closer to the high end of my average...I'm thinking:

LR: 0-4 (probably 2)
RC: 1-6  (probably 3 or 4)
LG: 3-8  (I dunno...5?)

I really, really doubt I missed 18 questions, though.  That would shock the heck out of me.  I'm predicting around 10-11, maybe as many as 12 or 13 but probably not less than 9.  Who knows, though!  Maybe I'm delusional and time has made me over-confident.  I'm predicting a 168-169 and if it's less than 165 I'll cry in my oatmeal.