Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Getting my cancellation form ready....  (Read 882 times)

AkhilAmar

• Sr. Citizen
  • Need lots of good karma!!!!!!!!
    • View Profile
Getting my cancellation form ready....
« on: September 29, 2007, 01:43:17 PM »

I prepared so well for that test, but a friend called me at 1:00AM (fell asleep at 11) and woke me up. My nerves started getting to me and before I knew it the clock said 6:30 and I hadn't fallen back asleep.

By the first LR section my vision was distorted I was so tired. 

I was going to just switch to Dec. this morning but I didn't want to give in that easily. That was a brutal 4 hour lesson in date switching.
UGPA: 3.8

LSAT: Dec. '07

Dream school: Michigan!

AkhilAmar

• Sr. Citizen
  • Need lots of good karma!!!!!!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Getting my cancellation form ready....
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2007, 01:45:56 PM »
lol

seriously, the only thing that went well on that test was the bubbling in of my name on the scantron.
UGPA: 3.8

LSAT: Dec. '07

Dream school: Michigan!

GoCubsGo

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2007, 03:42:44 PM »
I'm really conflicted about whether or not to cancel.  I think I scored about a 169-171, which is obviously a perfectly good score.  But I'd been practicing at 176+ and just bombed the games section on this test.  I had LG first, and I had a lot of trouble concentrating at first...a room down the hall decided to have a party last night, so I got very little sleep.  :-\  LR is my best section, and I think RC went all right.   Normally I do quite well on games, as well, but not today. 

I know it's really silly to expect to match your PT performance, but I believe I can do better than I did today on a decent night's sleep. So - is it worse to have a cancel on your record or a score ~5-8 points lower than your retake score?  How are score cancellations percieved by law schools?  I'm not applying this year, so I have plenty of time to retake (and will almost certainly retake regardless of whether or not I cancel.)   

BTW: I've been lurking for several weeks, and I just want to thank everyone who has made this forum as entertaining and informative as it is.  :)  I hope you all did really well this morning.

TrumpWho??

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2007, 03:46:13 PM »
I'm really conflicted about whether or not to cancel.  I think I scored about a 169-171, which is obviously a perfectly good score.  But I'd been practicing at 176+ and just bombed the games section on this test.  I had LG first, and I had a lot of trouble concentrating at first...a room down the hall decided to have a party last night, so I got very little sleep.  :-\  LR is my best section, and I think RC went all right.   Normally I do quite well on games, as well, but not today. 

I know it's really silly to expect to match your PT performance, but I believe I can do better than I did today on a decent night's sleep. So - is it worse to have a cancel on your record or a score ~5-8 points lower than your retake score?  How are score cancellations percieved by law schools?  I'm not applying this year, so I have plenty of time to retake (and will almost certainly retake regardless of whether or not I cancel.)   

BTW: I've been lurking for several weeks, and I just want to thank everyone who has made this forum as entertaining and informative as it is.  :)  I hope you all did really well this morning.

Dont cancel. If your going to retake regardless then there is no reason to cancel. That score is solid and you dont want to cheat yourself out of a good score when you never know what can happen in the future. Most schools only look at the highest score anyways and a 169-171 will get you into most of the schools you want anyways.

Tru Gem

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2007, 03:52:55 PM »

I had a hard time with the Logic Games too. I guess they were actually hard, but I would not cancell if you scored as high as you think. I would feel so bless if I had that score.

laughing hard

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2007, 04:20:50 PM »
I'm in kind of the same boat, practicing at 176 (175, 178, and 177 were my last 3), and I found the games a lot tougher than I usually do--I wouldn't cancel, though. The answers you did put are likely to be correct! Did you run out of time?
UCLA Law Class of 2011

GoCubsGo

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2007, 04:30:46 PM »
I'm in kind of the same boat, practicing at 176 (175, 178, and 177 were my last 3), and I found the games a lot tougher than I usually do--I wouldn't cancel, though. The answers you did put are likely to be correct! Did you run out of time?

Yep, completely ran out of time on games...it was very frustrating way to start the test.   >:(  Plus, I had experimental RC.  I hate RC.  This just was not my test.

While I was writing that post I had almost talked myself into cancelling, but now I'm not so sure.  I'm going to take a day or two to think about it, and hopefully regain some perspective.  It's just a test, right?  :) 

Thanks for all your advice.

laughing hard

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2007, 04:35:42 PM »
Amen, man--take a couple days to think, at least. Focus on what you did well!

I think everyone had experimental RC this time around... LSAC trying out a bunch of future comparative passages!
UCLA Law Class of 2011

bdcook01

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2007, 02:28:54 PM »
Hey OP this is the same thing happened to me. Except in my case it was the front desk clerk that called me at 2AM to tell me I left the dome light in my car on. After turning it off, I could not go to sleep to save my life.

My brain was just not working right on test day. I guessed on about half of the LG questions and by the time I got to section 5  (LR 2), I couldn’t even understand the question stems much less the answer choices. I should have just filled in the double bubbles then and there  :(