Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Rec letter mailed on 9/6 or 9/7 still not processed?  (Read 1811 times)

greenman

• View Profile
    • Email
Rec letter mailed on 9/6 or 9/7 still not processed?
« on: September 27, 2007, 09:11:47 PM »
My recommendation letter was mailed on 9/6 or 9/7 and it still hasn't shown up. What should I do?
I called LSAC, they didn't seem bothered, told me to wait. Anyone had a similar experience? What will they do if its resent, ie, they end up getting two identical recommendations)? I just wanted to make sure they don't discard them if they're duplicated or something crazy like that.

Any input would be appreciated....

TIA

greenman

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Rec letter mailed on 9/6 or 9/7 still not processed?
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2007, 10:19:38 PM »
I know I should relax a little, but its just that I see others letters getting processed in 4 or 5 days.

Ilovecheese

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2007, 11:07:57 AM »
I know how you feel man. My letters are taking along time to process also.  I'm also worried because it's impossible to find out what is happening to your letter since LSAC won't go looking for it due to a large volume of letters.  The only thing we can do is  wait.

ADL

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2007, 01:10:31 PM »
My recommendation letter was mailed on 9/6 or 9/7 and it still hasn't shown up. What should I do?
I called LSAC, they didn't seem bothered, told me to wait. Anyone had a similar experience? What will they do if its resent, ie, they end up getting two identical recommendations)? I just wanted to make sure they don't discard them if they're duplicated or something crazy like that.

Any input would be appreciated....

TIA

greenman
has your letter been processed yet?  i'm curious since it's been a month.
my lor was mailed on 9/21 & it hasn't been processed.

greenman

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2007, 09:57:02 AM »
Hey ADL,
   Well, when I called them last, they said its probably lost, the lady implied that everything received within the past two weeks was already processed. I had my recommender sent it again (via Fedex). This time it was processed in one business day.

ADL

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2007, 12:38:01 PM »
Hey ADL,
   Well, when I called them last, they said its probably lost, the lady implied that everything received within the past two weeks was already processed. I had my recommender sent it again (via Fedex). This time it was processed in one business day.

that's good news.  but i'm wondering what happens with the lost lors.  i would hate to think that my lsac lor form w/all of my info on it is in the wrong hands....just something else for me to freak out about.

The Dude Abides

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2007, 11:39:04 AM »
The torture of waiting for my LSAT score is unbearable enough, and on top of that, my recommender informed me that he sent his letter to LSAC three weeks ago via UPS. Does anybody know if UPS delivers to LSAC's PO Box. I've heard that FedEx letters go to some magical place and are processed immediately. If this is the case for UPS, then I need to call LSAC.

ADL

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2007, 02:12:38 PM »
The torture of waiting for my LSAT score is unbearable enough, and on top of that, my recommender informed me that he sent his letter to LSAC three weeks ago via UPS. Does anybody know if UPS delivers to LSAC's PO Box. I've heard that FedEx letters go to some magical place and are processed immediately. If this is the case for UPS, then I need to call LSAC.

call LSAC immediately!!  i called yesterday and the representative said that all letter recd w/in the last 2wks have already been processed.  my letter was mailed by regular mail 3wks ago, she told me it was probably lost.  yours may be lost too.  where do all these lostlors go?
anyway, no i have to call my old boss AGAIN & ask him to fax it over.  >:(

The Dude Abides

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2007, 04:50:38 PM »
I spoke with LSAC and they said they never received the letter. All letters received during the past three weeks have been processed, so it looks like I have to get the UPS tracking number and find out what happened.

Note to all, if you are sending a recommendation letter via UPS or Federal Express, make sure you change the word "P.O. Box" to "Department" on the LSAC address.

Ilovecheese

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2007, 11:19:22 PM »
I spoke with LSAC and they said they never received the letter. All letters received during the past three weeks have been processed, so it looks like I have to get the UPS tracking number and find out what happened.

Note to all, if you are sending a recommendation letter via UPS or Federal Express, make sure you change the word "P.O. Box" to "Department" on the LSAC address.

sometimes they just do not process them. the 2nd natch of my letters came in in the same envelope. however, one of my letters was processed and the other wasn't.  i ended up re mailing the unprocessed letter. do not wait, just re mail it.