Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Waiting for my recs...  (Read 716 times)

TwinkyBean

• Sr. Citizen
  • It's Yellow.
    • AOL Instant Messenger - TwinkyBean
    • View Profile
Waiting for my recs...
« on: September 27, 2007, 02:36:56 PM »
I need a tactful way to approach my reccommender about getting my rec from her!... I approached her in JUNE, and I still haven't gotten it from her! We had some email correspondence back and forth.. and then I never heard from her again! ... So I emailed her, and mentioned it about 3 weeks ago... She said she was almost finished, and wanted to have one of her colleagues read over it for her, and she'd send it out this week, and that she'd send me a copy!... STILL haven't gotten it!! ... I understnad that she's busy, but I gave her PLENTY of time!... Any suggestions on how to ask again with out being obnoxious?.. :)
Waiting... :(

gclemen1

Re: Waiting for my recs...
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2007, 03:44:20 PM »
I feel your pain!  I am getting frustrated because I want to apply as soon as I get my score, but 1 stinking recomender is being a pain.  My other one did it within a week of me asking, but I can't even get into contact with the other one.  He is bad about email and I am starting to freak out.  Sorry there was no advice, I just wanted to vent!

The Dude Abides

• View Profile
Re: Waiting for my recs...
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2007, 06:03:56 PM »
I approached my three recommenders in August and my professor turned around and sent the rec letter in right away. I have not received notice concerning the delivery of my other two recommendation letters. There have been some rumblings that LSAC is taking an inordinate amount of time to process received recommendation letters. You should send a polite email or visit your recommender in person to ask if they sent the letter. There is the chance that they may have sent it in and LSAC has not notified you yet. 

On a different subject, is it really common for a recommender to provide you with a copy of the letter they sent into LSAC? I have never heard of asking for a copy of the letter or even accepted one if the recommender wanted to provide it a copy to me. Doesn't this violate the whole concept of trusting your recommender to write a positive letter? Even if one has a copy of the letter, what good can be done even if you had a copy of it?