Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Crazy scores, maybe I've figured it out -- brain's dead in the morning  (Read 461 times)

killblues

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
To those of you getting crazy score fluctuations -- have you thought of whether it's because you've started practicing on mornings?

After getting a ridiculous -6 wrong on one LR section a few days ago (I think it was June 05), I was ready to throw it down and burn the damn thing to all hell.  But I took back to back LR sections (Dec 05) last night before bed), and score: -0.

For me I think I've figured it out...I am not used to using my brain in the morning, let alone using it for high-level logic LSAT stuff.  I think it partially explains the crazy scores -- all my preptests up to this point had been done after work (at night), all my studying had been after work (at night), and my preptests started going down after I started doing them at 8 am in the morning.  It also probably explains why my first LR section is almost always lower than the second (and that -6 LR was my first section of the test/day).  (And throughout college I'd never had a class earlier than 9:30, let alone 8.  Further corroboration?)

Maybe you guys getting crazy scores should consider the time difference as well...

So now I guess I have a new problem -- how the f*&$ do I solve this?  I'm thinking of waking up at 4:30/5 test day, coffeeing myself up, exercising, doing a section/logic game before heading out to the test so hopefully my head's up by the time I get there.  Any suggestions?

Socrates

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Crazy scores, maybe I've figured it out -- brain's dead in the morning
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2007, 01:56:10 AM »
Take it in June?

Probably not an option.

Pretentious Undergrad

• Sr. Citizen
  • Pip pip, children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2007, 12:36:14 PM »
I think this might be what is happening to me. The other day I wrote two tests: 161 in the morning, 169 at night. The scales were both similar and they were from around the same era. Yesterday morning I got a 162.  I think I'm going to wake up crazy early on LSAT day and then just go to bed after I write it. I just don't know what to do from 3am-8am... the gym ain't open and I don't really think I should study...  ???

just dot

• Sr. Citizen
  • I just want to be wonderful.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2007, 12:50:17 PM »
I think there is definitely something to that.  I'm lucky, my best time is mornings before I have time to get all befuddled and confused and worn-out by my kids and life.   :-\

I'm afraid for you to try the wake-up early thing on test day, though...what about trying it out tomorrow first?
To put it bluntly, I seem to have a whole superstructure with no foundation. But I`m working on the foundation.

Pretentious Undergrad

• Sr. Citizen
  • Pip pip, children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2007, 02:21:18 PM »
I'm afraid of that too. I attempted to try that out this morning by going to bed at 9pm last night but I ended up sleeping until noon today! :D good one, universe.

killblues

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2007, 06:06:52 AM »
Ok, so I'm going to:

- Do some jogging at 6 pm
- Get some dinner
- Take a nice, warm bath
- Sleep at 8
- Wake up at 4:30

At 4:30:

- COFFEE
- Do some running
- Take a nice, warm shower
- Get some light food
- COFFEE
- Do practice sudokus or that Brain Age thing game for the DS) to wake my head up; otherwise do some practice LGs/LRs

Hope that works...