Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Need some retake advice ASAP  (Read 548 times)

jubcoo

• View Profile
Need some retake advice ASAP
« on: September 24, 2007, 05:09:17 PM »
So on the June LSAT I received a 159. I took a princeton review class prior to the exam and practice tested 156 159 159 162. I signed up to retake in September, but I haven't really studied since June. It;s not to late to ask lSAC for a refund. Is it even worth it going in? I have a 3.62 GPA and a strong personal statement.

lineallowsfor

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Need some retake advice ASAP
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2007, 08:05:06 PM »
I would love to hear responses to this, I am in the same position with nearly exactly the same numbers.

Trill

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2007, 11:07:13 PM »
I would honestly say that if you scored about as well as your practice tests, and then proceeded to not study very much since then that it would be in your best interests to NOT take the test. Here are a few reasons why:

1. You already scored about as well as your prep tests indicate.

2. Since you haven't studied much since June, it's more likely that your score will actually DROP if you take it in September.

3. If you're content with that score, then it may not be worth the additional stress and involvement that enduring an LSAT requires.

The only caveat may be if you truly bombed the June '07 exam and did significantly worse than your prep tests indicate, OR you took the time to devote yourself to studying and raised your score on practice tests since then.

just dot

• Sr. Citizen
  • I just want to be wonderful.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2007, 08:55:54 AM »
I second all of the advice you were just given.  I don't think taking the September test should even be an option for you.  I'd suggest you either go ahead and cancel now (probably no refund this late) or reschedule for December if they'll let you.
To put it bluntly, I seem to have a whole superstructure with no foundation. But I`m working on the foundation.

ApesAMB

• AOL Instant Messenger - ApesAMB
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2007, 01:02:10 PM »
Don't take this LSAT if you haven't studied since June.  Change to the December LSAT and get the Powerscore books.  I think they are a lot better than Princeton Review.  If it helps at all, I took the December 06 LSAT and got a 157.  After studying for a month for this one I am averaging a 167, with top score of 170.  I think it would be worth retaking with some practice.  The difference of getting into the 160's is worth the effort.
Boston College Class of 2011!