Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: September 95; analytical reasoning; game 4 setup question  (Read 283 times)

hort stu

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
September 95; analytical reasoning; game 4 setup question
« on: September 22, 2007, 03:41:11 PM »
I eventually figured out all the answers to this game but it took me forever because I was muscling through them.

Once I got into the questions that asked about the standings after 3 rounds of matches I figured their must be an easier way but I dont see it.

I'm setting up each round figuring out all the possibilites and then branching off tree style.

Is there an easier way?

hort stu

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: September 95; analytical reasoning; game 4 setup question
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2007, 06:25:41 PM »
Thanks for the reply.  I appreciate it.

I finished a LG section in 35 minutes for the first time today.  Usually I'm getting 1/2 to 1/3 wrong due to my inability to do these fast.  It was dec 05 I believe.  Would most people here rate that as an unusually easy LG section?

I'm hoping that it only gets better between now and the test.  Really makes a hugh difference in my score.

hort stu

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: September 95; analytical reasoning; game 4 setup question
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2007, 10:35:33 AM »
One useful inference is to note that the two 10:00 spots have to both be filled by rock bands or folk bands

Yes and it took me a few questions to realize that if 10:00 is RR then 8:00 is FF and vice versa.  That really helped.

Overall this was the fastest and easiest set of four I've ever come across.  LG is my weakness, only because I'm slow at them though.

Whats killing me is my scoring range is still over 10 points!  Mostly due to my varying speed on the entire test.  Sometimes I'm much faster than others.  If I can score at the mid to high end of my range I'm golden.  If I score at the low end or have a bad day it may ruin me for a year.