Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: 170+ -> sleep; -sleep -> -170+ (ie, how much sleep are you getting?)  (Read 492 times)

killblues

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
I think I'm slowly losing my mind, if not already evidenced by that thread title.

Anyway, I've been doing some thinking.  Sleep -- I think we can all agree that it's necessary, but not sufficient, to a good LSAT score.  Right?  (Or maybe it's just me, but whenever I tackle an LSAT at 8 in the morning while having slept at 3am the night before, I feel like I'm doing it hung over).

But just how important do you guys think sleep is?  Ie, maybe we're all hitting some "ceiling" because we're not sleeping properly?  I'm normally getting only 5-6 hours a night...

Or maybe I'm just LSATly retarded and am just making excuses.

Either way, 3 questions:

1) How much sleep have you been getting while studying, especially these last 2 wks before the test?

2) Do you think having more/less sleep significantly affects your score?

3) If you've taken the test already, would you contribute better/worse performance on the actual day due to more/less sleep than usual?

Thanks...

(And if it seems like I'm posting all these threads extraneous to the actual test, it's cause I really can't think of what else I can do.  I *know* how to solve the problems, I've done -0 consistently on LR/RC/LG but in different tests (ie one preptest I'll have a -0 LR and next day I'll have -3 or even -4, WTF).  But the sections JUST CAN'T SEEM TO COINCIDE TO NO STUPID PROBLEMS ON ONE TEST.  And though I'm scoring relatively well, they occassionally drop and there's only so much I can do on unideal conditions (ie, what if I'm giving myself an extra minute and I don't know it?).  And all these reports of scores dropping on test day...agh)

And now I'm starting to be paranoid that maybe those "off days" are my "on days", and my "on days" are just my "maybe cheating with time/unideal condition days".  ???

Or maybe I just need more sleep?

Agh.

Anyway, how much sleep are you all getting?

Steady Ascent

• View Profile
Re: 170+ -> sleep; -sleep -> -170+ (ie, how much sleep are you getting?)
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2007, 08:57:37 AM »
7-8 hours a night.

180issofaraway

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2007, 01:29:42 PM »
I think what helps more is a regular sleep cycle. I have felt groggy going to bed at 3 am and waking up 9 hours later whereas sleeping at my regular time, midnight and waking up at 8 feels great.

Lindbergh

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2007, 01:51:34 PM »
Try to get more sleep.