Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Difference between targeted and general letters procesing times.  (Read 749 times)

Ilovecheese

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Difference between targeted and general letters procesing times.
« on: September 21, 2007, 08:07:22 AM »
Anyone knows the difference between the processing times of general and targeted letters? I'm asking, because one of my recommenders wrote both types of letters and sent them in the same envelope.  The general letter was processed, but not the targeted letter.  I called LSAC and they toled me that the letters are processed differently but didn't give me a time frame.  So, to those of you who sent targeted letters in, how long was the difference?

I am Penny Lane

• Sr. Citizen
  • Manager of the "Get Dotlyn to go to FSU" Campaign!
    • View Profile
    • LSN - What do you think of my choices?
Re: Difference between targeted and general letters procesing times.
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2007, 02:13:56 PM »
Crap! I hope it does not take too long. I fedexed them a couple in one package, 1 general &  a few targeted. But they all had separate envelopes with what school the letter was targeted to printed on the back. How hard can it be to match them up?
LSN

Quote from: dotlyn
PennyLane invented sweet. She has the patent on it. I tried to act sweet one time and she sued me.

Ilovecheese

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2007, 03:08:23 PM »
Crap! I hope it does not take too long. I fedexed them a couple in one package, 1 general &  a few targeted. But they all had separate envelopes with what school the letter was targeted to printed on the back. How hard can it be to match them up?

i did that and they lost my letter, so it seems to be pretty hard for them.  A woman who I spoke to, told me that they separate them into different piles, so your letters will be processed at different times.  She also told me that 2 weeks is tops for a processing time for either type of letter, but due to a smaller volume of letters now, LSAC processes LOR's in about 1 week.

emergencyexit312

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2007, 03:11:11 PM »
I really don't understand the difference between targeted and general.  It seems that you can choose which letters go to which schools anyway, so what's the difference?

I am Penny Lane

• Sr. Citizen
  • Manager of the "Get Dotlyn to go to FSU" Campaign!
    • View Profile
    • LSN - What do you think of my choices?
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2007, 03:13:20 PM »
Mine are addressed to each scholl individually. If you have an alum as a recommender they can speak specifically about the school.
LSN

Quote from: dotlyn
PennyLane invented sweet. She has the patent on it. I tried to act sweet one time and she sued me.