Law School Discussion

Hoods...??

Hoods...??
« on: September 20, 2007, 01:00:39 PM »
The prohibited list for the exam includes hoods.  Does this mean I can't wear anything with a hood or I just can't have my hood up?  I know my testing room is cold and all of my jackets and sweatshirts have hoods.  Anyone know?

Re: Hoods...??
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2007, 02:39:38 PM »
I was worried because I didn't want to be cold.  I think that's reasonable.  If I wear long sleeve shirts, I can't help but push the sleeves up, even if I'm cold.  They just seem to get in the way.  For some reason, this doesn't happen with sweatshirts.  Now I can study better knowing I'll be comfortable during the test.

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2007, 03:18:01 PM »
I took June 07 LSAT in SoCal and a proctor made a guy actually take off his sweater w/ hood before beginning the test.  I don't think this is normal as he also made a girl put away tissues, which you are clearly allowed to have on the desk.  But I think you should want to avoid any possible conflict/tension on LSAT day. 

Luckily I bught a cheap unhooded sweater and did not have any problems.

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2007, 03:35:02 PM »
Cut off the hood, cut off the sleeves.

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2007, 04:46:01 PM »
Cut off the hood, cut off the sleeves.

Ah, thems the days, I took my second date ever to that movie...  The first was Footloose.

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2007, 06:52:18 PM »
I somehow overlooked the hoods rule before the June test, I brought in a hoodie with me but didn't have it on.  I noticed one of the proctors was looking at it suspiciously, like internally debating whether or not I could have it in the room.  She didn't say anything though, since I wasn't wearing it (I put it under my chair).  I didn't realize until afterward that we weren't supposed to have hoods... I won't be bringing one next weekend.

I actually brought a hoodie too, but just left it under my desk. I just wanted it to put on my legs in case it was cold.