Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Study schedule for the final week?  (Read 935 times)

JayBee

• View Profile
Study schedule for the final week?
« on: September 20, 2007, 03:49:08 PM »
Is there a best method or is it just personal preference? 

1.  Should you study less towards the end of the week?
2.  Should you take Friday off?
3.  Should you cram on Thursday and Friday?
4.  Should you study for a long time on Monday and then gradually less each day thereafter?
5.  Should you study for a little on Monday and Tuesday, a lot Wednesday, and then a little thursday and Friday?

Opinions please

JGO

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Study schedule for the final week?
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2007, 04:27:41 PM »
I say you take a break at the least the last 3 days before the exam.

CrnchyCereal

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2007, 04:56:02 PM »
I've got a bit of a crazy situation because I'm losing at least a day and a half of study time due to a death in the family for which I have to attend a funeral this weekend in California (I'm going to school in Massachusetts...), so I'm going to be cramming it in until the Friday before the test.  To be fair, I doubt the last week is going to see anything beyond a very marginal improvement, but I just want to cover all my bases and make sure I'm at my optimal performance level.  Also, I feel that if I go for even a few days without going over LSAT materials, my ability to jump right in there and apply my skills immediately degrades somewhat.  Friday's the day to relax, though.  Just going to chill out, exercise, and go to bed early.

LawSchoolCutie

• Sr. Citizen
  • photoshoot with Bryan D. Socal Photography
    • AOL Instant Messenger - sx1ba8emoni
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2007, 05:01:49 PM »
What I've done so far is go to the test site, which happens to be at my old school and sit inside the classroom in the seat that I plan to take the test. The seats seem to have really small desks to them and they are mostly situated on the right side for right handed students. I actually got lucky and found some on the left side of the room where I'll be able to get a nice seat for myself on test day if I go there early.

Studying-wise I'm going to be taking a couple more practice tests but my main concern is waking up early and getting enough brain energy going that early so that I can focus on the test itself and reading carefully. I've noticed at this point from last year when I took the test, my understanding of how to approach the questions has improved 100% (Thank you Jay Donnell from Blueprint!)

So right now I just need to worry about focusing and reviewing weak points. I don't think there is much else I can do. If I don't do well I'll take it again in December but I feel that I'm pretty much ready. Even if I don't score above a 160, I will be happy with something in the high 150 range. I just don't want to get anywhere below that. If I do score in the high 150's I'll rethink taking it again in December. Right now I'm thinking the best I'll do is a 160 and I'm okay with that.
GPA: 3.22
GPA in Major 3.8
LSAT Practice Highest Score 152
LSAT Goal Score at least 165

TrumpWho??

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2007, 05:04:14 PM »
Im going full speed ahead into next Saturday. Im waking up at 6 AM every day, running, and studying from 7:30-1 break for an hour and 3 more hours. Then I go to the gym and play raquetball for 2 hours. The friday before I will do the early morning study, chiropractor, massage, read a magazine and be lazy for the rest of the day. I will probably do a section of LR before I go to sleep.

mdbutler

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2007, 05:10:23 PM »
What I've done so far is go to the test site, which happens to be at my old school and sit inside the classroom in the seat that I plan to take the test.

I may be wrong, (but I doubt it) but you cannot choose the seat you wish to sit.  I believe they are assigned.

Pretentious Undergrad

• Sr. Citizen
  • Pip pip, children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2007, 02:27:29 AM »
I'm doing 6-10 hours per day until Thursday. Probably just some light review on Friday. Hit the gym, maybe get a massage. Here's hoping for two happy endings on LSAT weekend.

Pop Up Video

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2007, 02:33:18 AM »
I'm not going to start studying until Friday.

killblues

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2007, 03:48:02 AM »
Go through powerscore deconstructed, finish Dec '04-Dec '06, Jun '07 on location Saturday morning (taking it on Sunday cause of the time difference -- I'll be in Manila)

Go through Next 10 tests at nights

Try to make a deal with anyone for a 175+ in exchange for my firstborn