Law School Discussion

September takers...what are your plans for the weekend?

Re: September takers...what are your plans for the weekend?
« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2007, 12:33:00 PM »
but the mental fatigue you experience during the test that causes you to miss questions, is not the same kind of fatigue you'll be feeling after sitting in a chair for 5hrs, thats more of a physical exhaustion.....oh well, to each their own......good luck next week.

Thanks, and good luck to you, also.

But I'm unclear what you are saying?  I miss questions in the fifth section because I'm mentally fatigued particularly if it's been 3 LR sections. If I'm taking back-to-back tests, I'll be mental fatigued and, well, I guess physically fatigued.  I've worked for the last 10 year, which entails sitting in a chair for 8 to 12 hours a day, so I've got that part covered.

« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2007, 12:41:09 PM »
but the mental fatigue you experience during the test that causes you to miss questions, is not the same kind of fatigue you'll be feeling after sitting in a chair for 5hrs, thats more of a physical exhaustion.....oh well, to each their own......good luck next week.

Thanks, and good luck to you, also.

But I'm unclear what you are saying?  I miss questions in the fifth section because I'm mentally fatigued particularly if it's been 3 LR sections. If I'm taking back-to-back tests, I'll be mental fatigued and, well, I guess physically fatigued.  I've worked for the last 10 year, which entails sitting in a chair for 8 to 12 hours a day, so I've got that part covered.

I guess I think of it as a race.  If you have to run ten miles, and so you train by doing 20 miles, it won't help because you have to pace differently for each scenario.  So while you are builing up your endurance, you are not practicing your ideal pacing....and now with a week to go before the test, you aren't going to build up endurance, you should be practicing the real thing.  Like I said though, people are different, and I'm sure it'll work out good for you in the end.

« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2007, 12:43:18 PM »
Gotcha!

« Reply #23 on: September 20, 2007, 01:10:24 PM »
What do you know about UCLA?

That the football team will lose this Saturday

« Reply #24 on: September 20, 2007, 01:27:22 PM »
Sorry my friend, it's USC @ UW on the 29th, but you can watch it on TV 5 pm PST.

Watch for me, I'll be the overweight, balding, middle aged guy with 3 years of eligibility left waiting for the coach to "put me in" standing in the student section.... lol!

J_

• YOU! Yeah!!!! That guy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 20, 2007, 03:05:04 PM »
Ooops!  I confused Washington and Washington State  :)

« Reply #26 on: September 20, 2007, 03:08:59 PM »
Ooops!  I confused Washington and Washington State  :)

OMG, that is a major F@ck up!

« Reply #27 on: September 21, 2007, 04:21:08 AM »
How are other people in undergrad dealing with studying + school and keeping your grades from dropping? Does anyone else have tests next week, and tons of reading to do for classes?

« Reply #28 on: September 21, 2007, 04:29:55 AM »
BTW...
my schedule includes

Friday
reading comp from a few recent tests the same tests, find out why my score has been dropping in this section
Mix of really hard old games + all new games 02-05

Saturday
Roll over whatever I didn't finish
Go through LR difficult questions 10-25 from 02-05 tests
Testmasters online materials, download jams and time myself with those as well,

Sunday
Old test from maybe 2001, followed by possibly sept 2006

LT10

• ~ be the change you wish to see in the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 21, 2007, 09:12:57 AM »
Trump- UCLA has Anderson business-- a financiar's dream school.  My buddy just finished the program and is already on this way to NYC with a job in venture capitalism.  I personally don't like the UCLA LS as much as USC, but that is strictly a preference thing.  Definately look into it- good luck!