Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Processing wait times  (Read 1295 times)

und3r3stimat3d

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Processing wait times
« on: September 19, 2007, 09:50:42 PM »
Whats up guys? I think I remember seeing this question before, but I couldn't find it on a search.

Anyway, I'm wondering how long most people wait to get recommendations processed at this time of year? A few weeks ago, I had one received processed in under a week.

By now, is it 2-4 week wait times?

Thanks.

meesawoosa

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Processing wait times
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2007, 01:19:29 AM »
one of my profs sent a rec. thursday last week and it was processed today - (four working days turnover).

another one sent a rec. last monday and they had processed it by friday of last week.  things are still moving pretty fast it seems.

gclemen1

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2007, 01:40:31 PM »
Does anybody know the processing times if LSAC recieves the LOR in 2 or 3 weeks from now?  Is that in the thick of things or is the hecting time 1-2 months from now?  Thanks for your help.

The Dude Abides

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2007, 02:28:27 PM »
For what's worth, my professor sent one back in early September and the turnaround was only a couple days from the day he sent it in to the notification I received from the powers that be. However, I spoke with another one of my recommenders today and he mailed out his letter on the 24th, yet I have still not received a response from LSAC. I am kicking myself for not providing my recommenders with self-addressed Fed-Ex envelopes. Now, I believe my rec. letters are sitting in some PO Box amongst the thousands of other recommendation letters. Would calling LSAC be considered an exercise in futility?

reese07

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2007, 12:32:36 AM »
One of mine went out on the 24th and showed up as received on the 27th today...never got an e-mail though. Seriously LSAC, what is your deal

futurelawstudent2011

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2007, 01:13:46 AM »
I spoke with a woman at LSAC today. She indicated that right now it's still taking about a week to process letters. She also confirmed that you can send multiple letters of recommendation in one Fed Ex envelope, provided each letter is sealed with a signature across the seal... so if you have a bunch coming in soon, you could send them off in one package and save some $$$.
Accepted: Michigan, Northwestern, GULC, UCLA, Vanderbilt, WUSTL ($$$$), Boston University, Boston College ($$$), U Washington, William & Mary ($$), UC Hastings, Temple ($$$$) :)

Deferred: Harvard

Boo!: U Chicago, Berkeley, Yale

Pending: Everything else

The Dude Abides

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2007, 11:37:48 AM »
Make sure you check the LOR section on LSAC's website, since it appears as though the automated email notifications are not being sent out. There is about a week delay on posting the receipt of letters/transcripts.