Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: W&L 1L Taking Questions  (Read 23080 times)

vjm

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: W&L 1L Taking Questions
« Reply #200 on: April 01, 2008, 11:25:49 PM »
::tries not to sound like a total tool/ feminine hygiene product/ insane stalker on the phone::

Whew. Law school is harder than I thought. I so heart W&L I am going to give this a try tomorrow.

R.P. McMurphy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: April 02, 2008, 03:17:11 PM »
Hey, I just created a W&L Law Class of 2011 FB Group. If you're attending W&L (i.e. you put your deposit down already) and want to join then PM me your name and I'll send you a friend request/invite on Facebook. The group is hidden for now, but I'll probably make it public later on.
LSN | Washington & Lee University Law Class of 2011

RoughRider

• View Profile
« Reply #202 on: April 02, 2008, 04:29:13 PM »
::tries not to sound like a total tool/ feminine hygiene product/ insane stalker on the phone::

Whew. Law school is harder than I thought. I so heart W&L I am going to give this a try tomorrow.

How did this go?  I've been considering doing this as well. . . .

J.A.A.N.

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: April 02, 2008, 04:59:01 PM »
I thought they had forgotten about me at W&L. Today, I received an acceptance via email. No idea what this means for me right now...

Chris, you had $ to lure you from GW to W&L (along with the perks you mentioned previously). How long before you heard about $ from W&L. It's so close to the deposit date, I have no time to include them in my juggling of options.
(Just Adding Another Notch)

R.P. McMurphy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: April 02, 2008, 05:02:46 PM »
I thought they had forgotten about me at W&L. Today, I received an acceptance via email. No idea what this means for me right now...

Chris, you had $ to lure you from GW to W&L (along with the perks you mentioned previously). How long before you heard about $ from W&L. It's so close to the deposit date, I have no time to include them in my juggling of options.

I think they said within two weeks for me. If I were you, I would call Andrea Hilton and just explain your situation. Like Alamo said, she's friendly. Also, the scholarship I received was quite small, but because of COL and W&L's tuition being a bit cheaper it will be quite a bit cheaper overall.

Again, if anyone wants to join the Facebook group then let me know. We may as well get started on knowing each other now.
LSN | Washington & Lee University Law Class of 2011

ChiEsque

• MSN Messenger - lili0639@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - chyamaks
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - gold_1639@yahoo.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: April 02, 2008, 09:16:26 PM »

I got an acceptance pdf email today too. No scholarships and their deadline is 4/16. It's too close for me as I am still wating for my top 2 schools to make a decision. I'm very confused... :(
W & L, Class of 2011

FB

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: April 02, 2008, 09:51:10 PM »

I got an acceptance pdf email today too. No scholarships and their deadline is 4/16. It's too close for me as I am still wating for my top 2 schools to make a decision. I'm very confused... :(

When I got accepted two weeks ago, the scholarship email came the day after the acceptance email. Also, the scholarship was pretty small, and after talking to them, they aren't negotiating for more money - at least not for me.

ChiEsque

• View Profile
« Reply #207 on: April 03, 2008, 09:19:42 PM »
You are right, FB..I got a scholarship today for 10k/yr for the next 3 yrs...i didnt see a condition attached to it...What about urs? any conditions?
W & L, Class of 2011

FB

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: April 03, 2008, 09:25:54 PM »
You are right, FB..I got a scholarship today for 10k/yr for the next 3 yrs...i didnt see a condition attached to it...What about urs? any conditions?

Nope. At the Open House they said that only scholarships over a certain amount had a condition attached to them, but even then they were pretty flexible. They said they want you to keep the scholarship.

Grats on the scholarship!

ChiEsque

• View Profile
« Reply #209 on: April 03, 2008, 09:31:44 PM »

Nope. At the Open House they said that only scholarships over a certain amount had a condition attached to them, but even then they were pretty flexible. They said they want you to keep the scholarship.

Grats on the scholarship!

Thank you and thanks for the Info - very helpful. Any idea how W&L places in BIGLAW?
W & L, Class of 2011