Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: W&L 1L Taking Questions  (Read 23237 times)

General2010

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: W&L 1L Taking Questions
« Reply #150 on: December 06, 2007, 10:12:25 AM »
Ha, she actually asked me about you initially. I believe she said "How do you know every undergrad at W&L?" and she was referring to you. She is awesome--probably top 5 person in Lexington. Top 2 on EC. I will relay the message. Good luck to you too--I'm pretty excited to be here, studying in the cold, until Dec. 21.
W&L Class of 2010

DanCoffee

• View Profile
« Reply #151 on: December 06, 2007, 03:57:07 PM »
Are you making it to the cocktail on Fri., General?

General2010

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: December 06, 2007, 07:21:51 PM »
Of course. I'm telling myself that I'm gonna have one scotch on the rocks and then hit the books, but we all know that's a lie. Are you wearing a suit, or blazer and tie? (everyone else, welcome to W&L, where "cocktail attire" most likely means dress as formal as possible).
W&L Class of 2010

OnTheRoad

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: December 07, 2007, 11:31:48 PM »
Dudes

W&L acceptances are going out to people with numbers like mine, but I'm getting no love. So hyped about the school. Apparently they're still waiting for a Dean's Certification from me, which I've explained is a little hard for me to send at the moment because I"m staying in a hut in southern india, but I'll be home in two weeks. You think I'm going to miss my shot at one of my top schools because of this form? Does anyone want to go over and explain to them exactly how assinine Dean's Certifications are? Or at least ask why they need to be in before acceptances go out? Are that many people faking an undergrad education? Freaking out about this.

Changed Name

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: December 08, 2007, 12:31:09 AM »
This is the way I see it:

The acceptances that are going out right now (for the majority of schools) seem to be "auto-admits." Their numbers are vastly over the medians (and they probably didn't say anything too stupid in their essays). If your numbers are similar to the ones that are receiving acceptances, I don't think having to wait a few weeks will hurt you. You will still be an "auto-admit" and you will be accepted (albeit a little bit later).

Out of curiosity, are you Indian? What are you doing in Southern India?

Anyway, I wouldn't worry too much, you'll have a great cycle nonetheless, good luck.

gclemen1

« Reply #155 on: December 08, 2007, 11:02:13 AM »
Def not auto admits...They sent me an acceptance last night and I am at the LSAT Median - 166, and below the GPA media 3.53 (3.64 is median I believe)

OnTheRoad

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: December 09, 2007, 06:13:01 AM »
Everybody was making me feel much better until that last guy. Not too worried about it (also not Indian, incidentally,) but I'm not sure I'll ever understand why Dean's Cert's have to come before admissions and not after. Next cycle I'm going to toss an app out somewhere as a 4.0 graduate of East Toilet State and see how far it gets. Oh wait, I couldn't do that because LSAC needs a real transcript to calculate your GPA. Which then goes to the schools. I'm writing a letter to someone.

gclemen1

« Reply #157 on: December 09, 2007, 10:31:18 AM »
Im sorry, I prob. shouldn't have said that...I was just lettin people know that they weren't just auto admits! :(

rickster

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: December 18, 2007, 03:56:19 PM »
Just jumping back in the game...another 1L here to answer questions.
Washington and Lee '10

LSN

nike6075

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: December 18, 2007, 04:05:02 PM »
Got any interviews lined up for break?

And has it snowed in Lex yet?
dont worry guys, i had lotsof drinks, and now i feel better. hth.