Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: 2.7 GPA and 165 LSAT, looking for Con Law/Legal Theory schools...  (Read 1961 times)

dashrashi

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
Re: 2.7 GPA and 165 LSAT, looking for Con Law/Legal Theory schools...
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2007, 07:48:39 AM »
I would wager that USNews "really thinks" Penn is a T6. Your pronouncements irritate the *&^% out of me, yknow?

And no one is disputing that law professors are often lawyers; however, in many cases, while not wrong to simply say "lawyers," to say "law professors" would be more precise and hence more desirable.

Dumbass.
This sig kills fascists.

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=dashrashi

Saw dashrashi's LSN site. Since she seems to use profanity, one could say that HYP does not necessarily mean class or refinement.

muharulz

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2007, 11:11:28 AM »
while i dont really know about the law degree, you should look at american for their phd program in justice, law, and society if youre interested in legal theory.

they have a brilliant faculty and they focus on legal theory or justice and public policy. im not sure if you could do a dual degree with the phd, but i know you can do it with a masters and phd. a 166 should get you in there and its a good school.

Bluesman

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2007, 01:11:25 PM »
Thanks for the help guys. I had a bad feeling that most of the con law/theory schools were T14, however I wasn't sure. I'll definitely check out American University. 

muharulz

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2007, 01:58:44 PM »
if you have any questions about american and dc lemme know. im getting my masters there for american politics. i was a justice law and society student, but i switched after one semester. wasnt really for me.

if youre into legal theory, its a perfect degree. i know someone who is getting the dual degree as well.

iscoredawaitlist

• Sr. Citizen
  • The beagle puppy of anticipation
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2007, 08:04:58 PM »
I think that a 165 and a 2.7 will be hard to get into AU with. Worth a chance, but it'll be a tough sell. Also, don't count your chickens before they hatch. As "easy" as you think getting a 165 is, you just don't know until you know.

Miss P

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2007, 01:02:58 AM »
I recommend Cardozo and American for their faculty; I can't vouch for their curricula.

ETA: fwiw, I like at least three members of the conlaw faculty at Brooklyn.
That's cool how you referenced a case.

Quote from: archival
I'm so far from the end of my tether right now that I reckon I could knit myself some socks with the slack.

wellpreserved

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2007, 01:10:39 AM »
I would wager that USNews "really thinks" Penn is a T6. Your pronouncements irritate the sh*t out of me, yknow?

And no one is disputing that law professors are often lawyers; however, in many cases, while not wrong to simply say "lawyers," to say "law professors" would be more precise and hence more desirable.

Dumbass.

You win the interwebs!!!  :D :D :D

My creative side imagines:

A normal child who'll grow up to go to a T20 one day: Oooooh look that cloud looks like a bunny!

Little Lindbergh: Actually cumulus clouds statistically take the shape of foilage and fruit bearing trees, essentially all trees except tree ferns and gymnosperms. In particular of the variety found mostly along the cusp of the Pacific Rim.

ANCWGUTGTATOD: *&^%. Still looks like a bunny to me.
I tested between 151 and 162. I hoped for the high end and ended up in the middle. Still, not a bad plan overall, I think.

LSAT: 156 (not taking it again and you can't make me)
GPA: 3.4ish. Still a semester to go
URM, non-trad, 12 yrs work exp, published
Looking for low debt and high aid

eastend

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2007, 09:32:56 PM »
I would wager that USNews "really thinks" Penn is a T6. Your pronouncements irritate the sh*t out of me, yknow?

Dumbass.

You are always so unpleasant, and when did you ever have anything significant to contribute?

dashrashi

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2007, 10:41:53 AM »
I used to be helpful, but engaging with racists and bigots on substantive issues has made me irritable in my old age. It's true; you can check my posts.

Do you have a question? I could probably try to answer it. That would make me more helpful.
This sig kills fascists.

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=dashrashi

Saw dashrashi's LSN site. Since she seems to use profanity, one could say that HYP does not necessarily mean class or refinement.